Quote | Reply
Awesome, let me know!
Quote Reply
Re: Team The Real Starky - 2015 Application [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pattersonpaul wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:
Slickfins wrote:
We have a really awesome group of coaches that I've definitely taken a lot away from, and all in all it's a really good crew of people to train with. But that being said, I'd love to join in on the TRS shenanigans and do some races with you guys. That and I once filled a hiking hydration pack with beer so I could continue the Octoberfest on the bus ride home, so I feel like I'd fit right in.

Perhaps I should consider an affiliate program for like-minded friends who are on other teams and wearing other kits. I will contemplate this.

sounds like a triathlon team for Mormans.

Sounds like you're not really familiar with what that even means.

Website
Contact me for Huub and Falco Discounts
Quote Reply
Re: Team The Real Starky - 2015 Application [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
pattersonpaul wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:
Slickfins wrote:
We have a really awesome group of coaches that I've definitely taken a lot away from, and all in all it's a really good crew of people to train with. But that being said, I'd love to join in on the TRS shenanigans and do some races with you guys. That and I once filled a hiking hydration pack with beer so I could continue the Octoberfest on the bus ride home, so I feel like I'd fit right in.

Perhaps I should consider an affiliate program for like-minded friends who are on other teams and wearing other kits. I will contemplate this.

sounds like a triathlon team for Mormans.

Sounds like you're not really familiar with what that even means.

Oh, so you are just now starting to count off for spelling?

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
SurfingLamb wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:
tinytri wrote:
How many people are you looking to "draft" for the team?

The final number isn't important. What's important is fit. There is no ceiling and no minimum.

Hhhmmm this sounds like fun and just up my street.

I can help if you are looking for coaching and trucker hat design. Where do I sign.

I'll take you on as part of a package deal if you can recruit finman and prostatus.
Sorry TRS.I like you and what.you do, but I can't deal with any distractions while preparing to earn my pro card next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Team The Real Starky - 2015 Application [ProStatus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ProStatus wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:
SurfingLamb wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:
tinytri wrote:

The final number isn't important. What's important is fit. There is no ceiling and no minimum.

I can help if you are looking for coaching and trucker hat design. Where do I sign.

I'll take you on as part of a package deal if you can recruit finman and prostatus.
Sorry TRS.I like you and what.you do, but I can't deal with any distractions while preparing to earn my pro card next year.

I won't take no for an answer. The team needs raw speed. Work with me here.

Website
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
ProStatus wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:
SurfingLamb wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:
tinytri wrote:

I'm no pro, but have some decent speed and love beer drinking - will definitely have to find some creativity to apply. Additionally, if you consider some "affiliation program" I doubt I'd have trouble convincing my wicked fast pro wife to throw a TRS logo on the kit somewhere next year. Plus it would be sweet as hell to see a pro on the podium with a TRS logo - WTC would love this too I'm sure. Though I wonder if they would consider this somehow going against rule #5 in Andrew Messick's letter from earlier this year?
Quote Reply
Re: Team The Real Starky - 2015 Application [rocketfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
will I have to train? cos that really puts pressure on my time...
Quote Reply
Re: Team The Real Starky - 2015 Application [desimis1877] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desimis1877 wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:
ProStatus wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:
SurfingLamb wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:
tinytri wrote:

I'm no pro, but have some decent speed and love beer drinking - will definitely have to find some creativity to apply. Additionally, if you consider some "affiliation program" I doubt I'd have trouble convincing my wicked fast pro wife to throw a TRS logo on the kit somewhere next year. Plus it would be sweet as hell to see a pro on the podium with a TRS logo - WTC would love this too I'm sure. Though I wonder if they would consider this somehow going against rule #5 in Andrew Messick's letter from earlier this year?

Funny you would mention that. TeamTRS is now shaping up to be a Pro-Am model. We have 3 professionals that are on board. It just so happens that Huub, Falco, and TorHans are all a fit and these men/women share our sense of humor, fun and irreverence. This is going to be bigger and better than I had imagined!

Website
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to be honest here...I don't tweet and/or use facebook even though I have accounts on both. I'm guessing I'm not in the "cool" group of people that uses the interwebs on the daily. How likely are you to choose someone like me for the team?

OH....and I think this is only like my 8th post on ST in the past 4 years even though I read it everyday. I should probably stop typing because I'm sure I'm hurting my chances for the team.
Quote Reply
Re: Team The Real Starky - 2015 Application [jlew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those aren't negatives. Most people only embarrass themselves on social media.

Website
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
jbnc77 wrote:
I am sure I just missed it, but when is the draft? I am wokring on my application and need to know the dealine. Just like college. And my day job. And pretty much everything.

Just before Thanksgiving if all goes well.

Alright coach, I just sent you an email. Put me in the draft and let me shine on the Google+ thing....

--------------------------------------------------------
John Behme
Charlotte, NC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's what I'm good at:

Do you need someone with those skills?
Quote Reply
Re: Team The Real Starky - 2015 Application [jlew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what is Facebook and tweet? is it like hansard?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
Will you have a Florida chapter?

We have applicants from all over the US and Canada. There is some interest in a UK chapter as well.

So we'll do the usual and be a cheaper more polite imitation of the US version?

Dont complain about the results you did n't get from the training you did n't do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pass....

no interest in joining a team of wankers who can't bike....
Last edited by: TheRealSpanky: Nov 4, 14 6:23
Quote Reply
Re: Team The Real Starky - 2015 Application [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NJSteve wrote:
Do I get a Truckers Hat?

Maybe a Sticker for my car or a sticker for my maid's car or a sticker for my maid's maid's car?

Can I get a TRS sticker for my skateboard?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our Tri club used to have an arch nemesis, except we destroy them every race now. Not even fun anymore. Moving on, looking for a more qualified rival, at least your trs team will be able to talk the talk. However, I assume thats about all. I hope your team doesn't have any closeted 'lactose intolerant' athletes just to conform to the white milk craze, that would make for a stinky team meeting.

On another note, I wonder how Ironman would react if you joined the tri club program, earned enough points for a free 70.3 entry, then used it for yourself.

-
"It's nice to be great, but far greater to be nice"
Quote Reply
Re: Team The Real Starky - 2015 Application [DavidUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavidUK wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
Will you have a Florida chapter?

We have applicants from all over the US and Canada. There is some interest in a UK chapter as well.

So we'll do the usual and be a cheaper more polite imitation of the US version?

I bet you can't be nicer than the Canadians!! But you do have that amazing accent, which we Americans are suckers for. And those cool powdered wigs....

John Behme
Charlotte, NC
Last edited by: jbnc77: Nov 4, 14 7:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is reminds me of: A

http://en.wikipedia.org/...e_Lottery_in_Babylon

And of course I want to participate. (That is if I am not already).
Quote Reply
Re: Team The Real Starky - 2015 Application [yoe400800] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yoe400800 wrote:
Our Tri club used to have an arch nemesis, except we destroy them every race now. Not even fun anymore. Moving on, looking for a more qualified rival, at least your trs team will be able to talk the talk. However, I assume thats about all. I hope your team doesn't have any closeted 'lactose intolerant' athletes just to conform to the white milk craze, that would make for a stinky team meeting.

On another note, I wonder how Ironman would react if you joined the tri club program, earned enough points for a free 70.3 entry, then used it for yourself.

Not a safe assumption at all my friend.

John Behme
Charlotte, NC
Quote Reply
Re: Team The Real Starky - 2015 Application [TheRealSpanky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does this team have a name?
Quote Reply
Re: Team The Real Starky - 2015 Application [HLT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It does, and it will be revealed soon.

John Behme
Charlotte, NC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are there any chicks on this team, or is it a giant sausage fest?

Are you still taking draft applications?

Looks like a good time!

Keep Moving Forward
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
1. Falco is creating a matte black and white version of their bike for our team and there will be a sick discount for members. Dark Mark is helping with the design.

hnnnng
Quote Reply

Prev Next