Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How wide is to wide?
Quote | Reply
Tried out some 32c Conti Gp5000 today and I have to say I think they feel slower then the 28s or 25s

I know everyone is going wide but is 32 just to wide for road or was it in my head?

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: How wide is to wide? [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On passable roads (with all other things being equal), when inflated to appropriate width-specific pressures and when mounted on matched width-specific rims, wider tires/wheels are pretty much always slower than otherwise identical but narrower tires/wheels.

So what you're feeling is real ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Jun 2, 19 10:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
surfNJmatt wrote:
Tried out some 32c Conti Gp5000 today and I have to say I think they feel slower then the 28s or 25s

I know everyone is going wide but is 32 just to wide for road or was it in my head?

Perhaps you missed this article: https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/...prix-5000-comparison
(Continental Grand Prix 5000 Comparison: 23, 25, 28, and 32 mm Compared)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Almost no rims are optimized for aero on 32mm tires, so that's going to hurt. If it a course with lots of acceleration and decelarations you also have extra weight at the rim. You should be able to get them down to the exact same Crr for the same brand tire in 23 or 25
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Jun 2, 19 14:01
Quote Reply