Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How to send GPX courses to Garmin 910XT??
Quote | Reply
I created a great bike route on Google Maps, converted it to .GPX file with GPS visualizer, then coverted that to the "right" type of GPX file with GPSies.... Finally I was able to get my course onto Garmin connect, though when I clicked send to device I get this message "Device does not support Courses."

I know that the 910XT has a tab under training called courses and they would work on my old 310XT... did Garmin remove this option so users that wanted to follow courses would buy a separate cycling computer?

If anyone knows how to get .GPX files for courses onto a 910XT please share!
Quote Reply
Re: How to send GPX courses to Garmin 910XT?? [UMDRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Courtesy if nickwhite in another thread:

I created a course with mapmyrun.com, and downloaded the TCX file. Then, I went to bikeroutetoaster.com, clicked on "course creator", and then the Courses tab at the top. I clicked "Choose File", picked the TCX file from mapmyrun, and then clicked the "Upload GPX" button. Once it uploaded the file, it showed me a map of the run. Then I clicked the "Summary" tab, and at the bottom is the option to "Download: To Garmin GPS / tcx". It made me install the Garmin communicator plug-in for my browser, but once installed, the course uploaded straight to my garmin and to garminconnect. Cool!

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have always just built courses right on garmin connect. They transfer over, no problem. I have had issues taking a workout GPX file and sending it over as a course. I would guess your troubles may be due in part to all the processing steps and whatever tweaks they add to the file.
Quote Reply
Re: How to send GPX courses to Garmin 910XT?? [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I created some of my own courses on Garmin Connect 2 weeks ago and they went on fine... now no new files will go over. It keeps saying that my device does not support courses. It seems the problem happened after Garmin updated Garmin Connect. Can you try to see if you have the same problem now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some instructions for manually loading it to the device.

1. If using windows
  2. Click the Windows Start menu / Windows Logo icon
  3. Type %appdata% into the Run box
  4. Click OK
  5. Open Garmin directory
  6. Open Devices directory
  7. Open the Unit ID (should be 10 numbers) directory
  8. Open NewFiles
  9. Copy your .gpx ,.fit file(s) or .tcx file(s) into the NewFiles directory
  10. Make sure ANT Agent or Garmin Express transfers data to the 910xt (watch transfer screen for progress)
  11. After transfer is complete, you should see your course on the 910xt by going to Training then Courses

Occasionally you have to put it in the Courses directory (maybe just for fit files)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Founder: BestBikeSplit
Amazonian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All I needed was to update my garmin communicator plugin to 4.2.2 (I think that is the current).

Then, it works just fine.
Quote Reply