Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How to get faster at swim-bike-run [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Good point. I need to reread some. I was refering to his earlier 10K efforts."

Oh. You mean when he only got silver in the Olympic 10,000 in 1976... :) :)

---
First with the head, then with the heart. -- HG
Quote Reply
Re: How to get faster at swim-bike-run [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude,

You need to let them know what Carlos Lopes' entire name is. ;)

Alex

---
Quote Reply
Re: How to get faster at swim-bike-run [rb5980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, had I known it was you to begin with, I probably would have responded differently.

= ^ P

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info, Paulo. I was hoping you were still reading. As you are well aware, I do make mistakes and often print them in hopes that someone (hopeful someone with credibility) will catch them.

I'll have to go back and check my sources. I may have misrepresented that "close the deal" part.

One note about the Kenyans and PSoDR "closing runs fast," one of my training partners and I discuss this concept a lot. In Train Hard, Race Easy they talk about the punishing pace of some of the runs. I always maintain that it was only "punishing" for the slower 80% of the group. For the upper 20% it probably only felt "brisk."

I used to close some of my long runs this way. I haven't sone that in a while mainly because I focus more attention on base buiding now. To clarify, I don't feel that base is more important now than it was then, but in college I could run 85 mpw and feel strong enough to run this way. Now days (before tri training though) I haven't pushed beyond 60 mpw. So, I focus on getting to 70 mpw instead of feeling string at 60 mpw.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: How to get faster at swim-bike-run [lxrchtt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Barry was referring to when Fernando Mamede beat the world 10000m record and Lopes did at the same race the worlds best second time ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah. It was just funnier to understand otherwise. ;)

Makes me think of Sammy Korir leading Paul Tergat to sub 2:05... thinking that Korir broke the wind and paced him for a good part of the race and then finished one second behind just breaks my heart.

Alex

---
Quote Reply

Prev Next