Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How to create ERG workout with Powerbeam Pro
Quote | Reply
Is there an app that I can create or import a tcx file to create an ERG workout with the powerbeam pro.. I've used trainerroad before, but is there a free app?
Quote Reply
Re: How to create ERG workout with Powerbeam Pro [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sadly, the only "free" app out there is buying a joule (I did this to get away from the monthly fees). So not really free. You can build erg workouts in the virtual training app on your iphone/ipad and ride them with a valid subscription, but without paying, you're stuck using it for an hour at a time only, and then only with manual adjustments to power or slope. So if you wanted to follow an erg workout, you'd have to make the changes manually. Honestly, this is where Cycleops is annoying their customers. If you bought a powerbeam, they should provide you with a way to access it's functionality along with that price. They used to do that with the original virtualtraining software bundle, but no more.

I believe Zwift now has powerbeam control, and is still free in the beta phase, so you could try that - I've been on the invite list for a while but still haven't installed it on my wife's computer, so I don't know what you can or can't do in there. I'm not sure what's been going on with the open ANT+ trainer protocol, but once that gets sorted, there's a chance the feature could pop up in Golden Cheetah in the future.
Quote Reply
Re: How to create ERG workout with Powerbeam Pro [xc800runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using zwift. It's nice but no structured workout options. I might try that PerfPro studio software.. its 99 bucks one time fee.
Quote Reply
Re: How to create ERG workout with Powerbeam Pro [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I'm planning to bail from work a bit early today (about now, give or take 20 minutes) and get Zwift all set up to ride. I will say this, if you're good at setting up your own plans and erg workouts and want the virtual-cycling aspect of things, running virtual training off a tablet or phone is a good option in the short term (only $5/month) and has a very good outdoor ride base in addition to the erg workout function.

If you really do want a one time charge, perfpro gets good reviews and their developer is on here and willing to answer questions. You could also grab a used joule off ebay (I got mine for $130 with a powercal strap) and have a solid computer for riding outside. I haven't had mine all that long, but it seems solid and has a lot of features that I never knew I wanted.
Quote Reply