Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How to PR a marathon without training (really)....
Quote | Reply
Finish an Ironman 5 weeks earlier. Did Wisconsin 5 weeks ago, took a week off and did two 'long' runs over the next two weeks, one 10 miles and the next 15. Felt great today at the Columbus Marathon until mile 18 when the proverbial wheels fell off. Limped in at 3:49 beating my only other marathon time by 30 minutes. I am sore as s**t right now though. May have to sleep downstairs on the couch. I guess all those bike miles do count for something.
Quote Reply
Re: How to PR a marathon without training (really).... [Triman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excuse my ignorance, I'm new to all this. What is PR?

--
mcoker
Quote Reply
Re: How to PR a marathon without training (really).... [mcoker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PR = personal record
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I worked the mile 19.5 Fat Rabbit Racing aid station. I wish I knew your bib number, I would have said hi!! It sure seemed like a perfect day for a marathon today.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It probably helps if you have a sandbag marathon PR. No offense. My buddy just took an hour of his marathon PR, by running a 3:19. Now that is impressive (He also trained more than 6 hours a week).

"When I first had the opportunity to compete in triathlon, it was the chicks and their skimpy race clothing that drew me in. Everyone was so welcoming and the lifestyle so obviously narcissistic. I fed off of that vain energy. To me it is what the sport is all about."
Quote Reply
Re: How to PR a marathon without training (really).... [Tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are right, the last marathon I did, was after a season of olympic tri's and one 1/2 IM, I didn't really train for that one either. Running is so boring.....
Quote Reply
Re: How to PR a marathon without training (really).... [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys did rock, probably the best aid station of them all. Unfortunately I was in too much pain to appreciate it.
Quote Reply