Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How to 'unpair' sensors with SRM PC7
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I have an SRM with SRM PC7 head unit, which I use for my time trial bike. I recently put a mount on my race bike so I can use the PC7 as a head unit - of course without power, but I still had a garmin speed/cadence sensor lying around. As it turns out, with a speed/cadence sensor paired it cannot receive power - probably because it receives two cadence values (one from the powermeter, one from the garmin sensor). I now want to switch it back to my time trial bike, but the PC7 does not give me the option to pair a powermeter because the garmin sensor is still paired.

So, how can I unpair the speed/cadence sensor?

I have tried letting the PC7 search for a speed/cadence sensor with no sensor present, but it still remembers the old sensor. I have read the manual and search for more but have not found an answer yet
Quote Reply
Re: How to 'unpair' sensors with SRM PC7 [Timmetje] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pairing another speed sensor should let you do that, although I don't think that speed / cadence sensor should prevent it. You also should be able to do it using the SRM software on the computer in the options. Doing it that way you should be able to manually put in the power meter aswell.
Quote Reply
Re: How to 'unpair' sensors with SRM PC7 [Timmetje] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some more info how to use SRMWin for this
(based on an e-mail from SRM USA):

Connect the PC7 to your computer and open SRM Win.
Select the Setup of PowerControl button, then the Special button.
In the Special dialog box, select the Hardware tab at the top of the window.
At the bottom of the Hardware tab are the wireless settings.
In the Speed area check the automatic box.
The Automatic box should remove your serial number
and allow your PC7 to pair to another speed sensor if you want to do that.
Quote Reply