Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How much did you pay for your F80?
Quote | Reply
I'm cheap and poor and am trying to wait for a sale, but if it's never going to be under ~$1,500 new, I'm probably just going to go for it for $1,600. My sister purchased a 1750 NordicTrack for $1,150, and that kind of savings would be worth waiting 6 months for. Thanks for the input.
Also, if you have any specific user comments, I'd like to hear them too, but I haven't heard many complaints.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: How much did you pay for your F80? [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I paid $1,500 about a year ago.

I’ve been really happy with mine although it hasn’t gotten as much use as I expected since I’ve been dealing with injuries for most of the year. Not as high-tech as comparably priced TM’s but it feels very solid and just works.
Quote Reply
Re: How much did you pay for your F80? [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I paid $1,500 as well in October of 2017. Mine has over 2K miles on it and it's running well.
Quote Reply
Re: How much did you pay for your F80? [dcfan40] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1500 here as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I paid 1500 for mine 10 years ago so I’d say 1500 is a good deal now!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I was looking for a treadmill I considered the F80 for $1500

Wound up with the F63 for $800 (I think)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine was purchased in Canada, so not gonna be a good comparison..........BUT, I have zero regrets getting the F80. Been using over a year now and it has been rock solid. No special bells and whistles, it just works.
Quote Reply
Re: How much did you pay for your F80? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Mine was purchased in Canada, so not gonna be a good comparison..........BUT, I have zero regrets getting the F80. Been using over a year now and it has been rock solid. No special bells and whistles, it just works.

Those are all of the reasons that I've settled on it!

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$1,499.99 USD to my door in February 2019.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1250 on black Friday 8 yrs ago. That included 100 fee to go up or down 1 flight of stairs. Truck shows up with 1 guy...so ended up helping, 6 months after hernia surgery. Dumb idea. I got my 100 back and also got a 50 credit since I brought to their attention I paid 100 for 2 guys. Since I was one of those guys I wanted 50. They agreed and in the end paid 1100. I didn't even need to "argue". Brought up my concern and the guy agreed with me right away.

Guess I'm the oddball who didn't pay 1500!

Any luck on Craigslist? I wouldn't hesitate to buy used.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
domingjm wrote:
I'm cheap and poor and am trying to wait for a sale, but if it's never going to be under ~$1,500 new, I'm probably just going to go for it for $1,600. My sister purchased a 1750 NordicTrack for $1,150, and that kind of savings would be worth waiting 6 months for. Contemporary home designs highlandsvernon.com/ for everyone. Thanks for the input.
Also, if you have any specific user comments, I'd like to hear them too, but I haven't heard many complaints.

I payed 1500$ last march.
Last edited by: karla: Mar 3, 21 7:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bought mine on sale about 5 years ago, ~$1200 from Dicks. (no delivery)

It has effortlessly carried the burden of my bibs, spare parts, etc for the majority of that time without so much as a gripe. Probably still powers on too. ;)

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just checked my email to see what I paid back in September 2019. The treadmill was $1400 and with fees/delivery came out to $1500. It’s been put together and had zero issues whatsoever with around 1000 miles on it.

I think a few other have mentioned that it’s pretty simplistic for its price range, but I don’t see that as a total negative. I’m on it to run and don’t need a built in screen to watch tv or a ton of workout programs. The new versions of Sole have Bluetooth and will sync up to Zwift if that’s your cup of tea.

One thing I wish I could do with it is preset interval and recovery speeds. With only a few options for mph (2-3-5-7-9-etc) I often find myself having to go up or down in .1 increments. Not a huge deal overall but it would be nice to pick a speed and program it to do intervals with the push of a button.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure what your hurry or need is, but this is one of those purchases that often show up on CraigsList or FB Marketplace from time to time. In most cases, they are barely used and highly discounted. The only problem is the lack of predictability as to when a nice, used one will come available in your area. But if you can wait and have the patience to check listings on Wednesdays and Sundays, you'll likely find what you are looking for (or comparable option) at a significantly reduced price.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: How much did you pay for your F80? [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
I'm not sure what your hurry or need is, but this is one of those purchases that often show up on CraigsList or FB Marketplace from time to time. In most cases, they are barely used and highly discounted. The only problem is the lack of predictability as to when a nice, used one will come available in your area. But if you can wait and have the patience to check listings on Wednesdays and Sundays, you'll likely find what you are looking for (or comparable option) at a significantly reduced price.

While you might get lucky buying used, my experience was opposite. I bought a used Landice (L7 I think). Thought I was getting a killer deal. After getting it home, even though it didn't appear to have heavy use based on the computer, I eventually determined that aside from all the rust on the motor and rollers, the engine bearings were shot. It would not run smooth, belt slipped/stuck no matter what. I ended up reselling as is at a nice loss.

IF you can afford it, buy new IMHO.
Quote Reply
Re: How much did you pay for your F80? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed with going new if you can afford it. Peace of mind is a great thing knowing you are the original owner and have a solid warranty. That’s where Sole really shines in my mind. Seeing posts on this forum has the theme of great customer service and support from Sole.
Quote Reply