Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
How long has your GPS watch lasted?
Quote | Reply
I've had a fenix 5 since summer 2018 and it is still going strong. How long has your watch lasted?

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: How long has your GPS watch lasted? [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fenix 3 HRM since July 2017…

STRAVA INSTAGRAM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4 running gps-watches in 14 years 1 month. The latest just for 1y 10m though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a forerunner 935 in April 2017, shortly after it came out. Had an issue in 2020 and Garmin swapped it out for a refurbished version for no charge. Refurb works great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Purchased my 920XT in November 2016, still going strong. Battery still lasts through slow Ironman races, Tremblant and Placid this past Summer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still on a 935 which I’ve had since release (2017?)
The barometer/altitude sensor is damaged which is apparently a common fault on these, but otherwise it still works perfectly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
920XT from 2015 has been my only multisport watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had mine since 2015, but i don't use it much - once a week typically.

I've got some very old Garmin bike computers. Last one i replaced after about 6 years - the altimeter wasn't working correctly, which i found out from various forums is quite common after a few years.

And the question remains. where were you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fenix5 bought in 2018. The baraometer/temp sensor has failed twice, so I'm on my 2nd replacement/refurb (3rd watch) from Garmin. Other than that no issues.

They now want $180 to replace the sensor, so living with the watch as-is.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still rocking the 910XT from 2013. Have replaced the band but, otherwise it's going strong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have the 5x since 2018 or late 2017 forget when I got it. It can't do an Ironman anymore but can still do a 70.3 and last week for workouts. Need to get a new one considering all the updated features and to have a battery that lasts long enough for an Ironman is important.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Forerunner 945 purchased in 2018 (?) the week it was released. Just recently had the altimeter go south. It is long out of warranty and Garmin did offer the same watch for a nominal price. Instead, I intend on replacing this 945 with either the 265 or 965; maybe this week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well my Suunto Ambit3 Peak from 2015 lasted longer than Suunto cared to support it on the syncing side. 😑

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Last edited by: justinhorne: Sep 4, 23 18:41
Quote Reply
Re: How long has your GPS watch lasted? [justinhorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Forerunner 945 that I bought when it was released in May, 2019. Everything still works, but in the last couple months it seems like the adhesive holding down the outside perimeter of the glass has started to give up. There’s a sort of air bubble beginning to form underneath the glass. I suspect the glass will eventually either fall out, or water will get inside.

Four plus years for something that I use every day and subject to a fair amount of abuse is reasonable in my book.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
920xt bought in September 2016. Retired that in 2021 and gave it to my daughter. Replaced it with a fenix 6 pro. Still going strong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fenix 3 functioned until the "up" button died in 2019.
Bought a fenix 6 which functioned until I lost it this year.
Bought an epix which has problems with all of the buttons after swimming. Once after a pool swim the buttons needed some days to function again.
The buttons did again not function this weekend in a triathlon. Very annoying. I will send the watch back today and see what happens.

The buttons seem to be a known problem when using the watch in the water: there is an official Garmin-helppage describing how to rinse the watch after button-problems after in-water use. If you have to do that the watch is of course pretty useless as triathlon-watch. Maybe I'm just unlucky to have gotten two bad watches out of a small bad percentage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my garmin multisport watches (405, 910, 735; now instinct 2) seem to have a 4 years life span; used for s-b-r training+races, 600 hours/year
Quote Reply
Re: How long has your GPS watch lasted? [ipstefan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2015 920XT daily use, no issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Forerunner 935 from 2020. Altimeter went out in 2022 and Garmin provided a refurbed unit for free!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have my 920xt from 2014 that is still going strong, and that orange Garmin 310 still doing great. I did upgrade to the Garmin 955, however the vibration on the 310 is the strongest there is and was great for swimming alerts before the newer versions came out.
Quote Reply
Re: How long has your GPS watch lasted? [Arcuser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arcuser wrote:
2015 920XT daily use, no issues.

The 920 is a longevity beast. A bit heavy but just does the job, mine has been going strongsince 2017 no issues.

735 was great but started having battery issues after two years.

945 has been going strong since 2020 and is my daily use watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 2014 Fenix 3 is still going strong, but I did just get an Epix. Not because there was anything wrong with the Fenix, but my HR monitor died and I figured it was time for an upgrade.

My Fenix was an upgrade from a 305. The 305 did need to be opened up so I could replace the battery. Not sure I could do that procedure on the newer watches.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
920XT still going strong...8 years now. Only replaced the band many times as chlorine will make it brittle quickly. But buy 2 at a time...it just doesn't stop working--better than any Timex I had in the past--including the marathon edition Timex (a lower end model). None of my Ironman Timex watches lasted this long either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Polar V800 used in all running and OWS since 2016, still working just as fine as on the day it was bought. Contemplating an upgrade at the moment due to a) not being accurate in the pool and b) not really seamless for multisport.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My seven year old Garmin 920 is still going strong, now as my bike computer and backup. I have had the 935, 945 and now 955 solar as my daily and never had an issue and only sold them to upgrade.

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next