Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How long before LA decides not to have a Triathlon
Quote | Reply
See the following article. $7 million to the motorcycle rider, money to the Driver of the other car, etc. Me thinks the LA city council will not be too anxious to commit to more years for the LA triathlon through the center of the city.

http://www.latimes.com/...4609.story?track=rss
Quote Reply
Re: How long before LA decides not to have a Triathlon [4mirswimr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dunno. Originally thought you were talking about Lance.
Quote Reply
Re: How long before LA decides not to have a Triathlon [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A thread about Lance not doing Kona afterall... and its only 3 posts long?
Quote Reply
Re: How long before LA decides not to have a Triathlon [4mirswimr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Why do you hate America?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Regardless of the specifics of this particular incident, me thinks that someone needs to make it clear to the assigned police officers just how fast some of the riders are approaching the intersections they are working. In 2008 I actually had to slam the binders on to avoid a car directed into my path by one of LA's finest during the race, and in 2009 I was within seconds of having to evade a car directed into my path at almost the exact same intersection on Venice Blvd. In both cases the officer was fully aware that I was approaching, but waved the vehicle(s) through regardless. No idea why, but it seems that some of the police working the event couldn't care less that they are creating a potentially deadly situation by cutting it too close. Hopefully this will not lead to anything more than some increased awareness on the part of those that are assigned to direct traffic during the event.
Quote Reply