Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
How fast do you have to bike in order to shave your legs and not get laughed at?
Quote | Reply
Title says it all. ;)

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Re: How fast do you have to bike in order to shave your legs and not get laughed at? [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know, nobody has gone fast enough yet.

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: How fast do you have to bike in order to shave your legs and not get laughed at? [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Title says it all. ;)

I think the more important question is: "How fast do you have to be in order to not get laughed at even though you DON'T shave your legs?" ;-)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If dudes in the gym with huge upper bodies and chicken legs can shave their legs...so can you.
Quote Reply
Re: How fast do you have to bike in order to shave your legs and not get laughed at? [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Title says it all. ;)

I think the more important question is: "How fast do you have to be in order to not get laughed at even though you DON'T shave your legs?" ;-)

Oh, I'm sure the fast guys already snicker to themselves when they pass me. I'm just wondering if it the silent snickers will erupt into full-on bike-wobble-inducing laughter if I take the blade to my furry knees. (It could be a safety issue, you know.)

At least I'm not riding a disk.... ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell us how fast you are and we'll tell you if we'd laugh.

Actually we also need a picture of you...because if you don't LOOK fast we'll still laugh at least until the race is underway.
Quote Reply
Re: How fast do you have to bike in order to shave your legs and not get laughed at? [jyeager] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Tell us how fast you are and we'll tell you if we'd laugh.

Actually we also need a picture of you...because if you don't LOOK fast we'll still laugh at least until the race is underway.

I know I'm going to regret this. But as this pic is already on ST on some old thread...

Oh, to make matters worse, I'm in the 20-21 MPH range for Olympic Distance.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jesus Christ man. Are you f'ing serious? Asking this kind of question is kinda like making one of those statements that you can never take back.

i.e. "I have both male and female genitalia."

"Paulo knows where to find me."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I've dropped 30 pounds in the last year and have hung on the Saturday morning hammerfest 2 of the last 3 times I've made it to the ride. It's about 53 miles with a 22 mph average, but with lots of surging and about a 30 minute stretch where we don't go under 26 or so. Having just turned 52, I've pretty happy about this.

My friends are starting to call me a biker rider and have threatened to tie me down and shave my legs.

Does this count?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know I'm going to regret this. But as this pic is already on ST on some old thread...

You still need a bro, or a mensiere, depending.

Francois in Montreal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, no one's going to be laughing. If you're really that concerned, do what I do and dog the swim, that way you'll pass all sorts of people and feel good about yourself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why oh why would you expose yourself to the redicule??

As far as how fast you need to be in order to shave your legs.....speed has nothing to do with it. Volume of hair and volume of muscle are the key factors. Thick dark curly hair = shave. Scupled sexy calves = shave. Light blonde hair = could go either way depending on volume. Meaty, fat calves = spare us the horror and keep them covered up please.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: How fast do you have to bike in order to shave your legs and not get laughed at? [fbrissette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You still need a bro, or a mensiere, depending.

Francois in Montreal
Damn jersey zipper! (If you saw my skinny axx in person you wouldn't think I needed a bro.) ;)

Quote Reply
Re: How fast do you have to bike in order to shave your legs and not get laughed at? [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Can't help it today. Must be the taper.

As far as how fast you need to be in order to shave your legs.....speed has nothing to do with it. Volume of hair and volume of muscle are the key factors. Thick dark curly hair = shave. Scupled sexy calves = shave. Light blonde hair = could go either way depending on volume. Meaty, fat calves = spare us the horror and keep them covered up please.

(See pic above) Thick dark hair + lean legs. ;)

Last edited by: MOP_Mike: Jun 4, 08 13:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fast enough so no one has time to notice that your legs are shaved.

Ha. What a post topic :)

Brian

Writer - The Endurance News Network
http://www.endurancenews.net
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where's the hair in the pic???

question appears to be a little late.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You asked it wrong!
How fast do you have to bike in order to NOT shave your legs and not get laughed at?

Only answer is Andy Potts fast.

It hurts so bad, it feels good.
Quote Reply
Re: How fast do you have to bike in order to shave your legs and not get laughed at? [S~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
18.2 mph to not get laughed at
Quote Reply
Re: How fast do you have to bike in order to shave your legs and not get laughed at? [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My friends are starting to call me a biker rider and have threatened to tie me down and shave my legs.
Oh, man, the shaving scene from "Youngblood" just zipped through my head...

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
(See pic above) Thick dark hair + lean legs. ;)

Then shave. Easy as that.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: How fast do you have to bike in order to shave your legs and not get laughed at? [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Scupled sexy calves = shave.
What is a scupled calf? And sexy by whose definition?

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: How fast do you have to bike in order to shave your legs and not get laughed at? [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
where's the hair in the pic???

Nah. Legs never shaved before. It must be the lighting or focus in that photo. I'm half Italian. Trust me, the legs are furry. ;)

Quote Reply
Re: How fast do you have to bike in order to shave your legs and not get laughed at? [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is a scupled calf?

One where you actually see muscle.

And sexy by whose definition?

Mine, if course.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might just as well shave...they're already laughing ;-)

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I'll add another onto jenhs':
If you have little/no muscle tone PLEASE don't shave them. I was on a group ride with a guy a couple weeks ago who shaved his legs and had next to no muscle tone...severely embarassed for him
Quote Reply

Prev Next