Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How can we get better race coverage? What if we...
Quote | Reply
...had some communal blackberrys that st correspondents could send each other at their local race. We could change change the way some sporting events are covered. For under $500 we could pay for a blackberry and an unlimited data plan for a couple of months (to allow posting to the forum). I wonder if someone would sponsor something like that for certain races? Could it work, what say you?

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: How can we get better race coverage? What if we... [jtaylor1024] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you need pics. Everything you need is available now, and cheap--nothing even has to be bought. People on the course with picture phones to call in the report and E-mail the picture. My $54.70 a month unlimited use Metro Phone does that. Higher quality digital pics could be brought in and uploaded. You could have one laptop at a wireless network (Base Station)--hotel, cafe, Starbucks, hotel room, whatever. Wireless networks are all over, and "everybody" has a laptop with wireless capabilities. Report gets typed up, picture uploaded. Post to ST. Presto. All available now. Just needs organization. And it would put IM coverage to shame--and it can be athlete specific--spotters ahead of the picture takers.

Could even be fee based if you want certain athletes tracked, but that is not "The ST Spirit".
Last edited by: Monk: Nov 5, 05 8:45
Quote Reply
Re: How can we get better race coverage? What if we... [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now your talkin... ;)

----
Don't hold back
Last edited by: jtaylor1024: Nov 5, 05 8:45
Quote Reply