Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Oct. 23 edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Oct. 23 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I've had a lot of difficult emotions to deal with lately. I mostly coped with them healthfully last week.
The goal this week is 7/7 days healthy coping. I can do this and I want very much to.

I had another really difficult week, but 7/7 :-)

may or may not post a sport update, the main thing right now is the healthy coping. I'm not training for anything - just trying to hang on and get through my days.

goal this week: 7 more days, journal every day

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Oct 23, 23 13:30
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Oct. 23 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at you and your healthy coping! I’m proud of you - I know it’s been a long-time struggle.

I accomplished nothing except an aborted trip to the pool last week, but I did play my orchestra concert and bow out gracefully. I think it’s the first time I really felt like I Marie Kondo’d something: this activity does not spark joy, I can let it go without feeling bad about it.

I’m still stuck in analysis paralysis about whether to upgrade my bike or replace it. It’s taking up an inordinate amount of capacity, which tells me that I need to figure out what’s taking up the rest of my brain space. (Side note… anyone on Long Island or in NYC who’d like to go check out a Cervelo for me?!)

Goals for this week:
(4) intentional movements
Food prep for healthy breakfast - Done
Get my work inbox under control

Wishing a great week to all the Womens!
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Oct. 23 edition [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
bow out gracefully.

string instrument players are good at that ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:
bow out gracefully.

Ba-dum tish!
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Oct. 23 edition [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UK2ME wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:
bow out gracefully.

Ba-dum tish!

Hey that's a drummer, but they've always got a skin in the game >^.^<

Also: HI, I am still alive. Somewhere. I stopped by to check up on the 100/100, and wow is that ever a hot mess over in the main forum! Anyway I'm glad to see TC is being kind to the achilles and I hope that resolves soon, and good job on adding the breathing to your healthy coping strategies. Personally I have kept a balance board in my office for years: when I'm not in a good place, just standing on the board for a minute or two helps, as I need to be fully present and focused in the moment to maintain balance on it - it becomes a form of enforced meditation, and I find it very calming.

UK, you are stronger than a substance! I got suckered into going back after I'd quit for 9 months, caving because of stress. When I quit for good in 2010, it was because I realized that cigarettes don't solve problems - they only cause more issues - and the act of walking away and having a smoke to relieve stress is basically just a way of making you remove yourself from the situation and breathe deeply for a few minutes. You can do that without something harmful in your hand, and your lungs!

I may not always be around here, but I'm always pulling for you both - be well!

Quote | Reply
balance exercises are on my list of PT stuff and I love them!
Glad to see you check in. I hope you're well.

Quote Reply