Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? June 12 edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 12 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just popping on to say I'm at 24 days in a row with healthy coping skills!
more later but that was one of my biggest wins last week!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 12 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
just popping on to say I'm at 24 days in a row with healthy coping skills!

more later but that was one of my biggest wins last week!

I always peek at these and seldom (if ever) have replied. Reading your update wanted to say "You go GIRL" for the healthy coping skills streak. That's huge.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 12 edition [Mell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mell, it's nice to "meet" you, and thank you! I hope you have a good week.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice to "meet" you too!

I think I will say "good week", thank you.

Hit all my workout targets this week, feeling recovered & ready in this 5-week block between 2 IM races. Still feeling like so much still on my list, but framing this week positively helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I think I will say "good week", thank you.

Hit all my workout targets this week, feeling recovered & ready in this 5-week block between 2 IM races.

That's awesome!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week I finally did a short exploration of part of a series of local (root free) trails on my bike, which was a goal
I lifted twice, which was a goal
I ran more than I should have and did not meet the goal of babying my achilles, but I have done far better with that the past three days (just a swim Sun and yesterday; ran 0.5 mi this AM - I believe the niggle is nearly resolved; I sure hope it is)
did PT exercises nearly every day

totals:
swim 8400 yds (3 swims)
bike 3.3 mi (1 bike)
run 36 mi (4 runs)

goals this week
continue streak of healthy coping skills! (because today is Tuesday, yesterday was day 25 in a row!)
get achilles back to normal
bike at least once

last week actually got quite rough on Thursday as my brother (lives in another state that takes a plane to get to) was going through a crisis situation; I feel like he's out of crisis mode now (probably moved out of that state Monday) but he's definitely not "okay". My parents and I have been doing a lot of phone time with him. No complaints whatsoever about that - I'm glad he did and is reaching out so much. I love my brother and think very highly of him; I'll do anything he needs. That said, I am pretty tired. But have been taking good care of myself so I can take good care of him.

Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Jun 13, 23 12:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
27 days of healthy coping skills!

My day is not off to a great start. I am committing to writing in my journal today because that will help me feel a little better.
I am also committing to some time to rest - reading and or nap and or crafts.

will check in later

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
journaling done
going to curl up w book

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
28 days in a row! :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good job Dr TC!
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 12 edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you! I am very proud of myself.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
thank you! I am very proud of myself.

As you should, awesome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks! day THIRTY accomplished yesterday. This is the longest streak I've had in awhile :-)

Quote Reply