Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Feb 12 edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?
Do you have plans for Valentine’s Day? Did you make valentines for anyone in your life?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb 12 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goals from last week-
1. Let high hamstring tendonitis heal: didn’t run all week and it is feeling better, though not all the way there
2. Do hip rehab daily - it actually seemed like I needed to let everything calm down and not do rehab exercises, so I just foam rolled.
3. Shoulder PT - done per my pt’s directions
4. Journal every day - did most days
5. 7/7 healthy coping - had 6/7. Made a mistake yesterday that I have made over and over and used the coping skill I seek to eliminate. Determined to let that be the last time I make that mistake. Before yesterday I did have 26 healthy coping days in a row!

The PT (who is an expert in swimming and treating swimmers) cleared me to swim freestyle :) if this seems soon, please know I haven’t had any pain and my surgery was “just” cutting a small ligament to decompress a nerve. It was arthroscopic. I didn’t look up the details of the procedure prior to it bc I didn’t want to know beforehand (what I did know felt like mental torture already). Anyway, I anticipated a much longer recovery because I imagined it would be a far more extensive procedure. Just know when I say I am swimming again the frequency and volume is following the PT’s instructions to the letter.

Week:
1 full rest day (didn’t even go for a walk - only did the shoulder PT)
1 “swim” that was all sidestroke and breast kick and sidestroke
5 freestyle swims w/more sidestroke/breast kick and sidestroke after

Total swim volume was 10,500 yds free and 13,150 kick/sidestroke (I haven’t logged that in the ST training log as I don’t count it as real swimming. I will add it if I need the points to up my Big Kahuna level at the end of the year bc I like my shiny internet medals.

This week’s goals
Let hamstring tendon heal (jogged 1.5 mi this AM and it isn’t totally healed yet)
Do shoulder PT as directed
7/7 healthy coping
Journal every day

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb 12 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Valentines - made cards and got food item for family members and youngest sibling’s fiancée.
I don’t have plans for the day

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got through Monday using healthy coping skills. It was difficult but I did it.

Today I feel really down. It's a rest day (this is the smart thing to do so I will do it). I am going to do some work as being productive will likely make me feel better.
I can handle my feelings in healthy ways today. I WANT to handle them in healthy ways because doing so in unhealthy ways just makes things so much worse.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry you're feeling down Dr TC. I hope the day got better for you.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb 12 edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It did, and I used my healthy coping skills. V proud of self.

Thanks for reading/ replying. Just posting for some accountability does a lot for me . :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I feel like I'm hanging on by the skin of my teeth but am using the healthy coping skills and sitting through the difficult feelings. Am proud of me but it isn't easy or comfortable!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We're proud of you too!
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb 12 edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you! :-)

Quote Reply