Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
How Bout that Tiger
Quote | Reply
Gotta be impressed with Tiger Woods.
It looks like his game is back on,and kudos to him for staying the course.

Must have been hard going thru the losing streak,taking all the unfair blows from the media.

In my book he's a true champion.

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Re: How Bout that Tiger [SwordFish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

What is this "golf" you speak of?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still has a long way to go to be the best...but impressive to say the least.

One win doesn't necessarily mean his game is back on though...
Quote Reply
Re: How Bout that Tiger [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no, he doesnt. He does not have very far to go at all to be the best. He is about 2 years ahead of the bear at this point.

And that is 2 majors so far this year. Not one win.
Quote Reply
Re: How Bout that Tiger [triyoshoes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure he won two majors, but he only got second in the other one.

You would think he was Cervelo or something.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Until Woods matches the Bear..he still has a long way to go. In addition, the Bear carries/ied himself much better than Woods.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what the hell are you talking about? What does that have to do with golf results?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I don't know. To me it looks like Monty worked a lot harder, and probably deserves it more. Tiger should have let him take the win...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Woods has a long way to go to be the best. No idol worship is deserved in this case.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And none given. The facts speak for themselves. Woods has won 10 majors at 29. The Bear was 31. He has won 46 tournaments in a much deeper field than Nicklaus ever competed in. I am not saying that he is better by any means, but he does not have "a long way to go."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yaaaaawwwwnnnn

Quote | Reply
[reply]Gotta be impressed with Tiger Woods.
It looks like his game is back on,and kudos to him for staying the course.

Must have been hard going thru the losing streak,taking all the unfair blows from the media.

In my book he's a true champion.[/reply]

I dont get it, he was one of the top players/money makers in the world last year, he won tournaments just no majors, but the media says he is a failure, but he is still doing better than 99% of other pro golfers? His off year is most pro golfers best year! Everyone is allowed to have an off year, when his career is done he will probably be one of the best golfers ever. Didnt he also win the Masters this year?

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As I mentioned...is he the best? Surely not. Does he have a long way to go? Sure he does...in addition, the Bear was more consistent. Woods just came out of a major slump!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is the best ever at this specific point in his career (compared to anyone).

I do agree that Monty did much more work and deserved the win...

ot
Quote Reply
Re: How Bout that Tiger [OT in CA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a very slippery argument. "Best in his career at this point."

How long is his career going to last? How long will he be able to keep winning?

You compare a career to a career. When Tiger's is over or trumps others while still playing then a point will be made.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not 'slippery' at all. He has accomplished more by age 29 (in golf) than anyone in history. I don't see that being debateable.

But if his career ended today it would not match up well with the Bear.

ot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's easy to say that Tiger has a long way to go, he's only 29. What is a major slump in your books? What is your measure for consistency? When you look at what they accomplished at the same age, Tiger is ahead and he is still going. 4 Masters by 29 (JN at 32), and they are both the only players to win each major at least twice Woods at 29, JN at 31. JN has had an illustrious career and has given back to golf immensely and when it's said and done the same will go for Tiger.

It is amusing how people can discount success so easily. BTW I don't worship men/woman, but I can respect their accomplishments.

"In the blocks you're a prisoner, the gun releases you."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
As I mentioned...is he the best? Surely not. Does he have a long way to go? Sure he does...in addition, the Bear was more consistent. Woods just came out of a major slump!!

My god, so if I have this right Tiger rates right up with Lance in your book Brian.

Not many if any would say he has along way to go to be called the best ever. With technology it does make it a bit more difficult but no one would argue he is one of the top 4 golfers in history, and he is still a spring chicken. A vast majority would agree he is one of the top 2 golfers to ever play the game. And if you measure it by Wins/Championships/Majors ect. He won more Ameture Championships then Jack, and is on pace to destroy his career records. Im not sure how you measure consistency. Tiger holds the records by far for most cuts made, and for number of weeks as the #1 golfer in the rankings. Gee those seem to inidcate a much better consistency then anyone else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"How long is his career going to last?"

If Woods were killed today by a crazy fan in San Antonio, he would be remembered as the greatest to have ever played the game...
Last edited by: JohnA: Jul 18, 05 15:29
Quote Reply
Re: How Bout that Tiger [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both Armstrong and Woods are excellent at their respective disciplines. I give credit to both of them for their success.

As I said before, until Woods matches or beat the Bear on tournaments and major titles then we can put him on the pedestal. Even then, as you mentioned, Woods has the leg up due to technology advances and the like.
Quote Reply
Re: How Bout that Tiger [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Remembered as the greatest to play the game? Highly unlikely.

Your opinion, of course.
Quote Reply
Re: How Bout that Tiger [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"If Woods were killed today by a crazy fan in Dallas,"

Tibbs lives in San Antonio, not Dallas!

Dave
Quote Reply
An Observation and a Question [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is obvious that he is taking PED's. The drug testing policy on the PGA Tour is a joke. I think there needs to be an asterisk next to his name in the record books to note that he accomplished these things in the steroid era.

Is there any chance that Tiger has been using Power Cranks? Frank can you confirm that this is the reason that he won the Open?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Woods has the leg up due to technology advances and the like.

Uhmm dont the players he is playing against have the same technology?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Golf? Huh? What does old men walking about have to do with the fact that Tigers live in the woods? Wait, dont tigers live in grasslands?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply

Prev Next