Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Horner out of The Shack's TdF team
Quote | Reply
http://velonews.competitor.com/...our-de-france_223276

A lot of people aren't gonna wanna hear this, but it was probably the right call. He hasn't raced much this year and is not doing either of the traditional lead-up races.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Horner out of The Shack's TdF team [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
http://velonews.competitor.com/...our-de-france_223276

A lot of people aren't gonna wanna hear this, but it was probably the right call. He hasn't raced much this year and is not doing either of the traditional lead-up races.

Isn't Chris Horner 164 years old?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i wonder why he just put 600 miles week of riding for....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
but, is there a difference if you race the build up races and get spit out the back and blown off your TT bike. Isn't there like 100k+ in tt distance for someone who can't tt and has lost significant time while going uphill so far? Not naming any names, but there's one person on the roster who seems less prepared than CH. maybe too many deep fried turkeys

Great things never come from comfort zones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same could be said about Andy. He quit most races he started and didn't perform well in the ones he finished.
Quote Reply
Re: Horner out of The Shack's TdF team [Barry S.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess CH should have showed up at the start line and got the free t shirt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I feel bad for the guy. He seems to be full of passion, but the luck, and body just are not in agreement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Barry S. wrote:
but, is there a difference if you race the build up races and get spit out the back and blown off your TT bike. Isn't there like 100k+ in tt distance for someone who can't tt and has lost significant time while going uphill so far? Not naming any names, but there's one person on the roster who seems less prepared than CH. maybe too many deep fried turkeys

Where did I say anything about taking Andy?

But, as long as we are on the subject, I would think Johan has every right to leave him home...but it won't happen. The team has been built around the Schlecks and it would be a PR nightmare to leave him home. And regardless of his GC potential at this point, he is still gonna be the best bet for a stage win (outside of Fabian in the prologue or TT).

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd take Horner over both Popovych and Kloden on that list...but, I have a feeling the list wasn't made out based on ability/current condition :-/

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately sponsors aren't paying for "Horner", they are paying for "Schleck"
Quote Reply
Re: Horner out of The Shack's TdF team [Dynastar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But it does say that they will name more....does he still have a chance of making the list?
Quote Reply
Re: Horner out of The Shack's TdF team [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Horner was the only reason I stayed a fan of the Radio shack team. Now I can enjoy watching Schleck not even coming close to winning the TDF. Voigt is the only like-able cyclist on the whole squad outside of Horner

Horner rode 600 miles last week, but he is injured? looks like more politics than facts. Plus they never released a pre-selection list, seems more of a screw you to Horner.

rant over*
Last edited by: Chris3mes1: Jun 11, 12 13:22
Quote Reply
Re: Horner out of The Shack's TdF team [Chris3mes1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same for me, now it's Quick Step and BMC as my most interesting teams. Liquigas is too, as Sagan may win everything this summer at this pace...

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Horner out of The Shack's TdF team [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
its going to be a classic showdown between Wiggins, Cadel Evans & Ryder. Plus will root for Hincapie in his last tour.
Quote Reply
Re: Horner out of The Shack's TdF team [haole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing he's planning to bandit.

Dude just loves to race his bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Horner out of The Shack's TdF team [Chris3mes1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris3mes1 wrote:
Horner was the only reason I stayed a fan of the Radio shack team. Now I can enjoy watching Schleck not even coming close to winning the TDF. Voigt is the only like-able cyclist on the whole squad outside of Horner

No love for Fab?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kloden is probably the best GC guy for this year's route with combo of climbing and TT ability. Not to mention he's had far more success than Horner in GTs.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Jun 11, 12 13:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
I'd take Horner over both Popovych and Kloden on that list...

Agreed 100%.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But, but, but, there's three weeks left!

I've read where that is plenty of time to get in Tour shape.
Quote Reply
Re: Horner out of The Shack's TdF team [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Right, since Horner's GT success has been so much better than Kloden. Not to mention that Kloden is probably the best GC guy for this year's route with combo of climbing and TT ability.

He at least animated the TOC race this year, and save for his "meltdown" (pun intended) in the heat of the Bakersfield TT he may have actually won the thing...what has Kloden (or Popo) done so far this year?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes & no

As a time trialist & classic rider absolutely- he is one of the best, I enjoy watching him

With the team & babysitting the Schlecks no. I think back in 2010 when Schleck had a tough time going down a hill or his shoe un-tied, Fab took control of the peloton & made them wait for Schleck to catch up. I know there is more to the story, but this annoyed me. I hate the politics with this team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Kloden is probably the best GC guy for this year's route with combo of climbing and TT ability. Not to mention he's had far more success than Horner in GTs.

Based on recent years, though, Horner would be a wiser move, IMO. Kloden hasn't done anything in a grand tour in a number of years.

But you also gotta ask why you are bringing either one. Realistically, you aren't bringing them for their GC potential, but as helpers in the mountains. Which one is more capable from that POV (and it may be neither, but I would lean more towards Horner).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Kloden will be the best placed in GC but maybe top 10. AS will just lose too much time in the TTs to be a factor. He may get a stage win but Horner would have also been a good bet for a stage win on some stages.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely and interesting squad. They won't be hunting stage wins, GC, or time trials. Bruyneel is a master!!
Quote Reply
Re: Horner out of The Shack's TdF team [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ach.
Quote Reply

Prev Next