Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Holiday plans?
Quote | Reply
OK, gang...you know it's true when you hear Bing Crosby and all of that kind of music. The holidays are soooo near. What are your plans?

do you intend to train?

eat like an oinker?

keep on a strict diet?

lay down with a pillow over your head until it passes?

ditch the family and run away to the mountains?

or, participate happily, and attempt the elusive "moderation" approach?

Do tell!

kittycat
Last edited by: kittycat: Dec 13, 04 7:25
Quote Reply
Re: Holiday plans? [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, here's my deal...

I'm planning on training hard and keeping a strict diet...in all actuality, I think the proverbial "holidays" are a great excuse for people to sit on their duffs, not do shit, and shove their faces. So, that's not going to be me. I expect the hardest part will be not eating the M&M's...or not drinking the red wine. BUT! in the end, it will be worth it, especially if I can continue to loose weight regardless of the time of year.

The smaller jeans I bought are already too big, so that's good progress. If I fall off now, all of the hard work will be down the tubes...and I just can't let that happen, especially when I'm *right there*, you know?

anyway, ho ho ho, kitty
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Items 4 and 5 appeal to me most, but 6 is more probable and better politics.

Am I the only one who dislikes this time of year? I can´t wait till its over. Humbug.

J
Quote Reply
Re: Holiday plans? [JimD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not really a huge fan of the time of year...we're the only ones in our village that don't have a thousand lights up (we're also one of the few that don't have children). It was really hard a few years ago after my Dad passed away. I'm ready for it to be over before it even starts. So, I'm with you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm. Well, no plans. I am trying to avoid plans. I'd like to do some work here, take a break for a half a day and go for a ride, sleep in, play with the cats, read.

That would be fine.

I'm not a big holiday person. I don't really like huge meals and people make me figitey.

For me, it would be nice if it were just quiet.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am going to go solo backpacking for a couple of days as a holiday from "holidays".

c
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm still laid up from my surgery. I'm finally starting to come around, and spent a few hours painting on Saturday(when not training, I am obsessed with DIY home improvement projects) without too much discomfort on Sunday. I am still trying to stabilize my weight and start to drop a few pounds(I had lost a few before surgery, but they came back).

So, my plan for the next few weeks:

1. Get my shopping done
2. Maintain/Reduce my current weight
3. Moderate my eating/drinking (I know I'll eat too much ham on Christmas. I completely lack resistance to swine-based products)
4. Get back in the saddle
5. Find the Christmas spirit

I'll let you know how it all works out.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've begun my training for Ralph's Cal. Half-IM, so I will be very aware of what I'm stuffing into my mouth. We're going to the sister-in-laws in San Diego, Christmas Day. She's threatened to cook a goose which has the highest fat content of any bird. How do I politely say no?

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: Holiday plans? [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just take a small piece and cut it up on your plate and spread it around. it will look like you ate it all, and you can rave about how good the food is/was--meanwhile pour her another glass of wine and she'll be pleased as punch.

i couldn't bare to eat a fatty bird like that. yuck. but hey, everybody has their thing. it's not like I'm purrrrrfect.

kittycat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To keep myself from gorging Christmas day I signed up for a Half-Marathon the day after.
Quote Reply
Re: Holiday plans? [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's great that your recovery seems to be going well. I have arthro on the knee this week and the Doc says I'll need to keep activity minimized for a couple weeks.

So my holiday plans are simply to have as much fun as I can in as many different settings as I can get to. I'll also be leading some holiday Spinning classes including normal 5:45 am on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, and again at 9am on the 1st.

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swim/bike/run. 11 weeks and 4 days....

Though while I'm in Kansas, it will probably be only run.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Holiday plans? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sit at home alone and sulk. Got a freind who is a MD who said that he could "knock me out for the whole weekend with one pill". That would be nice...

I celebrated my birthday at 3am last night with a 180mph + run on I90...good think I signed my "Organ Donor" card.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply