Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hoka Carbon X — discontinued?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if Hoka discontinued the Carbon X? They are not listed on their website at all. I thought a v4 was coming out this fall, but they are completely off the website.

If they are one, has anyone transitioned to a new Hoka? Rocket X?

Quote | Reply

Apparently Hoka road range is now :

race : Rocket X2 (carbon plate, 100% critical foam)
race/train : Mach X (fiber plate, 50% critical), Cielo Road (no plate, 100% critical foam)
train : Clifton 9, Bondi ?, Rincon ? (no plate, no critical foam for all of these)
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Carbon X — discontinued? [ndrfnnut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The carbon X was a weird shoe. No one, well not that many people bought it. There is one person I've put in that shoe that loves it. He's had 5-6 pair. No one else that I can remember that initially liked it and bought it, purchased a second pair.

When they sent me that shoe to try out I ran .3 miles in it and walked home.

Shoes are trending softer, more bouncy/springy and lighter. The Mach X is a much, much better shoe for a much wider range of athletes. I'd also say the Mach 5 will appeal to more runners than the Carbon X ever did.

If you're looking for a shoe to replace the carbon X try the Mach 5, mach X or Rocket X, Saucony kinvara pro, endorphin speed 3. You may like the Brooks Hyperion max, maybe the NB 1080, maybe. Also try the NB Supercomp

Hope that helps

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Oct 23, 23 7:51
Quote Reply