Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hoka: Let's Get Real [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you have tried them, let us know which one you feel better. I'm currently looking to buy either a bondi 3 or conquest for road use.

Thanks!

-D
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka: Let's Get Real [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1xatbandcamp wrote:
Very interested in how all 3 of those new models compare-conquest, bondi and Rapa Nui.

Dan,
How does the Conquest compare to the Stinson?
Thanks, John
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka: Let's Get Real [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully Dan is going to do a full review of the new Bondi and Conquest. I can't think of anyone that has more experience with them.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka: Let's Get Real [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jay, thanks for the heads-up. I just ordered a pair of the Rapa Nuis for $105, shipping included. I have the Bondis now but have had some blisters with them and thought the sole went too fast (other than that I loved them). Hoping for better with these.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka: Let's Get Real [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, did my first run today (8 1/2 miles) in my Bondi 3s. Fit is a bit different. I found the toe box to be ever-so-slightly narrower, but not by enough to make a real difference. The thinner tongue seemed to provide a bit more vertical room in the shoe.
I'm a 10 1/2 4E width and size 11 has worked for me in all the Bondi versions including this one.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBodyboarder wrote:
Okay, did my first run today (8 1/2 miles) in my Bondi 3s. Fit is a bit different. I found the toe box to be ever-so-slightly narrower, but not by enough to make a real difference. The thinner tongue seemed to provide a bit more vertical room in the shoe.
I'm a 10 1/2 4E width and size 11 has worked for me in all the Bondi versions including this one.

That's interesting as I thought the toe box seemed roomier (maybe due to the way the front of the shoe is now made, one piece so nothing rubbing)
Last edited by: Runguy: Jan 24, 14 17:43
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka: Let's Get Real [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll have to experiment with different sock thicknesses and see how that compares. It was pretty close in width to the Bondi 2 in any case.

------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
1xatbandcamp wrote:
Very interested in how all 3 of those new models compare-conquest, bondi and Rapa Nui.

Dan,
How does the Conquest compare to the Stinson?
Thanks, John

The biggest difference between the Conquest and Stinson will be the new Rmat material in the midsole of the Conquest, which will create a more responsive ride while still absorbing the same amount of impact. The Conquest will have a 4mm heel-toe offset compared to the Stinson's 6mm, and a roll through the running gate very similar to the Bondi. The uppers of the Conquest have less stitching than the Stinson, and offer a more supportive heel cup. The Conquest also has a new drainage system. Basically, the Stinson will offer a more plush ride with a slightly higher heel toe offset, and the Conquest will be a little lower and more responsive.

Hoka One One - Field Service Rep
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka: Let's Get Real [ZackP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZackP wrote:

The biggest difference between the Conquest and Stinson will be the new Rmat material in the midsole of the Conquest, which will create a more responsive ride while still absorbing the same amount of impact. The Conquest will have a 4mm heel-toe offset compared to the Stinson's 6mm, and a roll through the running gate very similar to the Bondi. The uppers of the Conquest have less stitching than the Stinson, and offer a more supportive heel cup. The Conquest also has a new drainage system. Basically, the Stinson will offer a more plush ride with a slightly higher heel toe offset, and the Conquest will be a little lower and more responsive.

Thank you. Is there any stability element in the Conquest? As Dan and I exchanged on the previous page, the inherent stability element of the Bondi caused me significant foot issues and I can no longer wear the Bondi's I have. I hate to try the Conquest and be out the money again. For reference I run in the Brooks Glycerin.

Thanks, John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Conquest will be a stable shoe very much like the Bondi, so I think you might have some of the same issues in the Conquest. I would recommend finding a way to try it on, either at your local running shoe store that carries it, or at the demo runs that our reps put on around the country.

Hoka One One - Field Service Rep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roadrunner has a 30-day return policy, even if you use the shoes!

------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After giving my friends loads of crap for wearing them, I finally bought a pair of Bondi 2 since my recovery from Achilles' tendonosis was going poorly. 80 miles later, I am able to run w little pain. Yeah the calves get sore but compression socks a night alleviate it by morning. I've tried at least a dozen pair of shoes to help. These work.
Because my curiosity got the best of me, I am awaiting the shipment of the Ultra Olympus to arrive next week. Looking forward to the comparisons.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka: Let's Get Real [trytri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My google fu is failing me. what are the Ultra Olympus?
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka: Let's Get Real [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try Altra Olympus
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka: Let's Get Real [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hate autocorrect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got my Bondi 3's a couple of days ago. I will try them out today.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka: Let's Get Real [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
Got my Bondi 3's a couple of days ago. I will try them out today.

I have run in my Bondi 3's a couple times now and enjoy the fit much better than the Bondi 2
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka: Let's Get Real [ZackP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a 64 year old runner cyclist with a knee replacement. I would like to try the Hokas out to see if they will reduce the concussion on my knee. I currently run in Brooks ghost five, which is a fairly neutral shoe. So, I have a couple of questions.

1. Which shoe in the Hoka line would best match up with the neutral Brooks ghost five? It looks like it may be the Bondi 3?

2. I live a long way a ways from a stocking dealer of Hokas. I would rather spend my money on the shoes instead of gasoline. How does the sizing of Hokas compare to Brooks?

Thank your help,
Tom
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka: Let's Get Real [erider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i wear an 11 in Brooks but had to move up to a 11.5 for the Bondis.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can order several pairs from a retailer like Runningwarehouse and get free shipping in both directions. That allows you to try on different shoes and return-ship the ones that don't work for you at no charge.

------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw Dan walking around Dealer Camp in Hoka's a few years ago and I told me wife I would quit running before I was caught wearing those Sketchers looking things. Thought the Hokas were just another trend like Vibrams. And it seemed like almost every person I saw running in Vibrams was wearing a camelbak and running at a pace I could walk. Fast forward three years later and I'm telling everyone I know how much I love my Hoka's. I got to a point with injuries that I would try anything. And I've been running injury free for the last 6 months.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went from Ghosts to Hokas and live in a country with NO mail service and have to have my stuff muled down. I kept the same size from Ghost to Hoka (8.5). I have a 9.5 that is too big (but I use anyway). I got the Bondi.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Re: Hoka: Let's Get Real [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So- I've been running in the stinson tarmacs. Awesome shoe as I've spent a ton of time and $$$ on other shoes/aids and the Hoka's work. Looking for a Hoka race shoe. Conquest or Bondi 3?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by erider [ In reply to ]
Re: Hoka: Let's Get Real [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info, I will be ordering a pair. However, I am still figuring the differences between the Bondi, Conquest, and two different Tarmacs.

Any help would be appreciated.
Quote Reply

Prev Next