Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hines Drive TT - August 11 (Detroit area)
Quote | Reply
My cycling club is putting on a 40k time trial on August 11 on Hines Drive in the Detroit area. It will be the classic 2 loop out and back course on Hines Drive that has been dormant for a few years. We're hoping to revive this as an annual race.

https://legacy.usacycling.org/events/getflyer.php?permit=2019-1999

https://legacy.usacycling.org/...d=1999&year=2019
Quote Reply
Re: Hines Drive TT - August 11 (Detroit area) [STP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn! I'm already doing a 5K that morning. =(

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was looking at that since someone put it up on my clubs FB page.

I've asked a few friends about doing but they had some questions I could not answer. These were the first ones from the top of my head:

Do you have to wear a top that covers your shoulders or can a sleeveless tri suit be used?

How strict are they on the saddle requirements? Most of us are triathletes in the club and will have saddle positions that are probably a little bit far forward of UCI rules.

And what would be better: Masters Cat 1/2/3/4 or Cat 5, Cat 4 etc
Last edited by: jaretj: Jul 25, 19 9:17
Quote Reply
Re: Hines Drive TT - August 11 (Detroit area) [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We're permitted under USAC and running under USAC rules (We're a USAC club so we have to roll that way for insurance purposes). But our intent is to welcome everyone Besides being nice people, we need your entry fees ;-).

In any event, no necessity to bend the rules - USAC rules allow sleeveless tops are allowed in time trials.

As for bikes, this is not a UCI event and we'll be loose any USAC technical measurement rules. Any tri bike will be fine. But if you show up on with something with fairing or use a disc wheel in the Mercks class, we'll probably still let you ride but you won't be included in the results ;-)

The only place we do need to be strict is on start times. Start times will be 30 seconds apart and start times will be assigned after registration (hence no day of registration). As with all TT’s the clock starts on your assigned start time, not when you start so be at the line on time!

Unless we get some sort of unexpected miracle on the registration front, everyone should be starting some time between 8:00 and 8:45 ish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, this will help answering questions from my club.

I may have some more later.
Quote Reply
Re: Hines Drive TT - August 11 (Detroit area) [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

You'll have to stick to your USAC category which for most triathletes is going to be Cat 5 (assuming they don't road race). It's the state championship TT for the roadies so we have to enforce the category rules.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I am assuming all the bridges are finally open? The one at northville rd and hines was completely closed about a month ago even the bike path. Nothing could get by had to turn around.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
STP wrote:
Quote:

You'll have to stick to your USAC category which for most triathletes is going to be Cat 5 (assuming they don't road race). It's the state championship TT for the roadies so we have to enforce the category rules.

For this reason, I really wonder if some region TT champs are starting to exclude Cat 5's from State Champ medals. Folks showing up for TT's always that have zero mass-start points.

I noticed on the signup pages for some excluding the 5's from it lately.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
STP wrote:
My cycling club is putting on a 40k time trial on August 11 on Hines Drive in the Detroit area. It will be the classic 2 loop out and back course on Hines Drive that has been dormant for a few years. We're hoping to revive this as an annual race.

https://legacy.usacycling.org/events/getflyer.php?permit=2019-1999

https://legacy.usacycling.org/...d=1999&year=2019

I'm slow as hell, but this sounds fun. Would I get laughed off the course if I went 1:20ish for the 40k?
Quote Reply
Re: Hines Drive TT - August 11 (Detroit area) [jeremyscarroll] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No laughing! Just be back before we start cleaning up.

FWIW, This is primarily a roadie time trial. There will be a few fast guys but 2/3s of the field won’t even be on TT bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So is that later than 90 minutes after the final Cat 5 rider goes out? :)
Quote Reply