Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Hincapie squeals too...
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [funkman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It must have just hit the wire. It's amazing. All the king's men...

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure how he can keep explaining this away. What agenda would Hincapie possibly have? Seems his only agenda would be to tell the truth to a Grand Jury...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ohsnap.jpg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree. If Hincapie testified against Lance, he's cooked. He's not going to bash Hincapie's character all of a sudden. I thought there was still a chance Lance might have been clean--not anymore!
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [jamlo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not much Lance can do to counter this punch...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well now it will probably only be a matter of time before we find out that Hincapie was involved in the whole EPO use as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [HomerJSimpson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So does Hincapie give back all of his awards now? Surely he joined in with the use of PED's.

Quote | Reply
According to Bonnie Ford's Twitter...

"CBS release re 60 Minutes: George Hincapie testified that he and Armstrong supplied each other with EPO, testosterone"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You mean GH isn't writing a book now, too?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yep, same here, he's toast

There is a question though, with so many of the "king's men" reporting drug use on USPS and Discovery that almost makes hincapie the single clean rider of them all? A little doubtful. Remember that climb he won (2005 TdF stage 15) maybe they should retest the sample they took that night.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Och-ward

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [ahaberkorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for confusion. CBS report said Hincapie testified that he and Armstrong supplied each other with EPO and discussed using testosterone.

http://twitter.com/#!/bonnie_d_ford

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hincapie stated that he and Armstrong, supplied each other with epo. Meaning, that Hincapie admitted to using EPO as well. I don't really care about the whole argument anymore, instead, I just wanted to egg on the Lance-supporters.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.westtexasendurance.com - Powered by Brooks, Powerbar and pizza.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lance will probably keep quiet for now. I think at best he can argue that whether Hincapie said what he said is anyone's guess since grand jury testimony should be sealed. Crappy argument, but it's all he's got at this point.
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Och-ward

"Och" is right. As in, that's who's going down when the indicments are revealed.

GH was the biggie; not much Lance can do now as this was the one guy who everyone said they'd believe. Never tested positive, still racing, Lance's close friend...no name calling, or media bashing will help now.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jamlo wrote:
Lance will probably keep quiet for now. I think at best he can argue that whether Hincapie said what he said is anyone's guess since grand jury testimony should be sealed. Crappy argument, but it's all he's got at this point.

He's been pretty quiet on twitter today, that's for sure.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [JM3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
from the ESPN article:

Asked to comment on the newest "60 Minutes" segment, Armstrong's spokesman, Mark Fabiani, said: "We have no way of knowing what happened in the grand jury and so can't comment on these anonymously sourced reports."

Pretty different response from the quick character dismissals of Landis and Hamilton...
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was about to say thank you to hincapie but he is still keeping his lips shut outside the grand jury thing. So, still part of the problem.

I'm ready to become a hincapie fan though as soon as he says it in public.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a biggie. Big George appears on all fronts to have tons of credibility. Not really all that surprising though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Link to the "60 Minutes" excerpt re Hincapie shown on CBS news tonight

http://www.cbsnews.com/...g=related;photovideo
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fabiani was embarassing on the Dan Patrick radio show this morning. Called Tyler, Tyler "Scamilton" and various other names; all he did was try to discredit Hamilton without directly addressing the allegations. It all sounded rehearsed but still amateurish; I'm surprised someone of his stature ever became involved with the Armstrong team as he's going to come out looking very foolish.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [SS Tri4Fun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But wait remember, Lance is the most tested athlete on the planet and he never tested positive. Not once... Deny everything, admit to nothing, make counter accusations, works for me.  
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
I was about to say thank you to hincapie but he is still keeping his lips shut outside the grand jury thing. So, still part of the problem.

I'm ready to become a hincapie fan though as soon as he says it in public.

Yeah, but he's pretty clearly not denying it, either:

Interviewed at the Tour of California in Solvang, Hincapie said he didn't want to talk about the "60 Minutes" report.

"It's just unfortunate that that's all people want to talk about now," he said. "I'm not going to partake in any cycling-bashing. I have done everything to be the best I can be. ... I want the focus on the future of the sport, what it's done to clean itself up. I believe in cycling and want to support it."

Especially the double-speak about "...do(ing) everything to be the best I can be."
Quote Reply

Prev Next