Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runguy wrote:

Well, if this is true I don't know how stand-up GH is since he was a cheater as well and most likely only admitted due to threat of purjury

Um, if someone says something due to threat of perjury, that means what they said is true.
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [gbot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I suppose we weren’t ‘professional’ enough. We weren’t into winning at all costs. And the cost to me was my integrity, I wasn’t going to give that up.”

His story is the type I expect there is plenty of, but the statement above reminded me of how many of the type-A's here on ST exhibit that "if you're not cheating you're not trying" attitude.
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
tlc13 wrote:
This is a biggie. Big George appears on all fronts to have tons of credibility. Not really all that surprising though.

No, someone who raced from that era who did NOT cheat would have loads of cred.

the guys who didn't cheat didn't go pro in that era

this is close though:
http://velonews.competitor.com/...ges-ring-true_174876

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gbot wrote:
Runguy wrote:

Well, if this is true I don't know how stand-up GH is since he was a cheater as well and most likely only admitted due to threat of purjury

Um, if someone says something due to threat of perjury, that means what they said is true.

You misunderstand my post. I'm not saying what what GH said wasn't true just that the poster said GH was a stand up guy. However, he only now admits that he doped. A standup guy would not have doped in the first place
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahh, sorry, yeah I misunderstood you. I suppose you're right.
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [aarondavidson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CBS News has a really good track record of talking shit

They're going to pay for it in very big way

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
runguy...you have done it

you have made me give up my last shred of hope for humanity.

I'm turning evil now

Me , too. I lost both of my parents to cancer and believe in Livestrong and really admire LA for his strength to battle through his cancer. I hope these allegations are proven false but if not I will accept the final outcome though sadly. I think LA's nature will be to fight this as he has fought all his other battles.
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [chainpin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amen! Key words being:

The relentless Novitzky, who dove into Dumpsters to collect evidence, earned a slice of fame too.

He's an ass.. and obviously not a cyclist. Why anyone would want to see our sport and a guy who brought cycling into mainstream America busted all the hell is beyond reasoning for me.

Nor do I use punctuation in the way a child sprinkles glitter over a ribbon of glue on construction paper - Trash Talk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gbot wrote:
Because it FORCES those who don't want to do drugs to leave the sport.

Or instead of leaving the sport they love, they race on having to live with what might have been.

1990 - Adam Myerson finished second to Hamilton in the Jr Bay State Games
1990 - Adam Myerson finished second to Hincampie in the Tour of Somerville

He doesnt claim to have been as those guys back then even, but he wondered over the years as he improved even to the point of being the CX collegiate national champion why the gap kept getting bigger and bigger. Maybe they had the raw talent to make the international peloton clean, but I think its fair to say many riders kept getting spots on clubs because they doped to increase their performance when other riders, maybe one like Myerson who might have gotten a shot. They're the folks really hurt by this, not us as fans or even the postal service.

-------------------------------------
You don't have to like what I say but you should respect my right to say them and I'll do the same to you.
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [Mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mojozenmaster wrote:
CBS News has a really good track record of talking shit

They're going to pay for it in very big way

So you're saying that their report of what Hincapie told the grand jury is incorrect? Just want to make sure we're clear on this, since it's likely to come out from other sources at some point (probably sooner than later).
Last edited by: gbot: May 20, 11 20:58
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [techknowgn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
techknowgn wrote:
gbot wrote:

Because it FORCES those who don't want to do drugs to leave the sport.

Or instead of leaving the sport they love, they race on having to live with what might have been.

1990 - Adam Myerson finished second to Hamilton in the Jr Bay State Games
1990 - Adam Myerson finished second to Hincampie in the Tour of Somerville

He doesnt claim to have been as those guys back then even, but he wondered over the years as he improved even to the point of being the CX collegiate national champion why the gap kept getting bigger and bigger. Maybe they had the raw talent to make the international peloton clean, but I think its fair to say many riders kept getting spots on clubs because they doped to increase their performance when other riders, maybe one like Myerson who might have gotten a shot. They're the folks really hurt by this, not us as fans or even the postal service.

And almost as if on cue... from twitter:

Quote:
AdamMyerson Adam Myerson
Today was the first time my self-righteousness turned into sadness, my anger turned into defeat. There are years I just won't get back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah that sucked reading that. Feel for the guy, he's really a good dude. if i can ever afford a cycling coach, its gonna be him or at least someone from his team.

You don't have to like what I say but you should respect my right to say them and I'll do the same to you.
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [techknowgn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perhaps I am naive to the court system. I am surprised nobody has asked this....

Does the grand jury testimonies remain sealed? If so, there will never be an official report that he took PEDS. Correct?

Quote | Reply
Eventually the grand jury could lead to prosecution, and if they do, then it will be released. Also anyone who testifies can choose to speak on it, and i think they can request to have that testimony released, though the prosecutor may or may not oblige.

Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CCF wrote:
I've been wondering about this as well. Wasn't Lance PAID the money used? So wasn't it his money to use? I understand that buying the drugs was illegal, but how was it defrauding the government? I'm a professor at a state university. If I use my salary, from my bank account, to buy drugs, am I defrauding the government?

Imagine that you cheated to get some federal grant $$ (ex. faked some research then used those results to win subsequent funding), or that you used some federal grant $$ for an unlawful purpose (ex. creating new stem cell lines) and you get kinda an idea what they are going after LA/Tailwind for.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [funkman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lance cannot come clean because the evil armies which will form after The Rapture will surely need an Overlord to lead them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"That night I had a dream. I dreamt I was as light as the ether."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am saying CBS News are total amateurs.

And, I can assure you with 100% certainty that this story will blow up in their face......and it's going to be funny as hell

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Last edited by: Mojozenmaster: May 20, 11 21:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mojozenmaster wrote:
I am saying CBS News are total amateurs.

And, I can assure you with 100% certainty that this story will blow up in their face......and it's going to be funny as hell

You dodged the question.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

>You dodged the question.

Just let it go. Trust me on this. I learned the hard way.
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [JustinNorCal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The following is an interesting article with no ax to grind.

http://outsideonline.com/outside/bodywork/200311/200311_drug_test_1.html

“Despite these measurements, I remained skeptical about all the drugs until March 29, when I rode an event along the central coast of California, the Solvang Double Century, at what for me was a fast and hard pace, finishing in around 11.5 hours. About ten hours in, it dawned on me that something was definitely happening. Sure, I'd been training hard, but I'd done enough of that to know what to expect. All around me were riders—good, strong riders—who looked as worn out as you'd expect after ten hours in the saddle. I was tired, but I felt curiously strong, annoyingly talkative and fresh, eager to hammer the last 40 miles. The last time I'd ridden 200 miles, I felt awful the next day, like I'd been hit by a truck. After the Solvang race I woke up and felt hardly a touch of soreness. I also felt like I could easily ride another 200, and I realized that I'd entered another world, the realm of instant recovery. I'll be frank: It was a reassuring kind of world, and I could see why people might want to stay there.

When I checked in with the good doctor soon after the race, he wasn't surprised about what I'd experienced. "With your hematocrit levels higher, you don't produce as much lactic acid, which means you can ride harder, longer, with less stress. The growth hormone and testosterone help you recover faster, since you're stronger to start with and recover more quickly. All those little muscle tears repair much more quickly."”

+++++++++++++

Born again Heathen
In Case of Keith Moon - Break This Glass
Ironman Certified Coach
USAT Certified Coach
Precision Nutrition Certified
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I can assure you with 100% certainty that this story will blow up in their face"

How? You think the US loves cycling so much that everyone will stop watching the show because they talked about a subject that 99% of their viewers don't give a shit about? Face it folks this is big for us, Lady Gaga farting is more important to the general public.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie squeals too... [funkman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why does George love cancer?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so you're saying that their report of what Hincapie told the grand jury is incorrect?

nice parsing of words.

I can guarantee you what CBS thought they heard is in their imagination.

When this story is done, its going to be CBS with a spike in their ass and an apple in their mouth.

You'll see

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll send you a DM when we find out what he said or didn't say, and it'll either be 'I apologize for doubting you great mojozenmeister' or 'told you so'.
Quote Reply

Prev Next