Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Hilarious Womens T1 WCS Hyde Park 2010
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys,

This is a clip filmed of the women's T1 this year at the WCS race at Hyde Park in July. You would think athletes competing at that level would know how to run and jump on their bikes! Watch the full video for maximum entertainment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRKajY5GlyI

Cheers,

Blair cartmell
Quote Reply
Re: Hilarious Womens T1 WCS Hyde Park 2010 [stato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shoes in the pedals saves time and is safe........

or just plain ignorant.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is good stuff :-)
It's like The Keystone Cops on bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hilarious!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First 4 seconds makes me want to smash something.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the woman about 40sec in who is dragging her shoe by the rubber band that was holding it....

Quote Reply
Re: Hilarious Womens T1 WCS Hyde Park 2010 [R10C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wrong on both counts

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Hilarious Womens T1 WCS Hyde Park 2010 [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No shoes in the pedals should be a USAT rule. If I was to ever run over someone who fell over because they were dumb enough to trip over their shoes in the pedals...I swear I would hit them with my bike like baseball bat. And, it just plain is NOT faster as proven by that video.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hilarious. Thanks for posting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with that, did I misread your first comment??

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm really impressed by the woman that at about 1:20 in the video begins weaving back and forth across the road, totally oblivious to everything and everyone else around her. This is after she had already crashed much earlier in the video. Priceless!
Quote Reply
Re: Hilarious Womens T1 WCS Hyde Park 2010 [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I agree with that, did I misread your first comment??

Um, no - I misread yours. :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I love the woman about 40sec in who is dragging her shoe by the rubber band that was holding it....

that yellow show is lying there at the end of the video, no owner in sight. I wonder what she did.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. That video was hilarious.

However, I do think that mandating no shoes in pedals is a "lowest common denominator" kind of rule. Mounting a bike with shoes in the pedals is a skill, just like any other, and takes practise! It's not hard to learn, you just have to practise it once a week or so. A former coach of mine used to make us practice T1 and t@ to ensure we got it right. It's just free speed. Transition really is the fourth event in a triathlon, especially at Olympic distance or shorter races.

mp
Quote Reply
Re: Hilarious Womens T1 WCS Hyde Park 2010 [bm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is good but the fact that the shoe which came unclipped in the start of the vid is sitting on the ground, sans rider, at the end is much funnier. That would be a tough ride on a speedplay for 40k.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
safer for me, I can more easily get my feet in mah shoes than I can clip in

of course I don't try to run and jump on my bike

In Reply To:
Shoes in the pedals saves time and is safe........

or just plain ignorant.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Last edited by: jackmott: Sep 16, 10 10:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
st. anthony's is that by a factor of 10 for hilarity. plus it goes on for an hour straight. i literally had tears streaming down my face watching it....crying. fucking morons.
Last edited by: climbcarolina: Sep 16, 10 10:30
Quote Reply
Re: Hilarious Womens T1 WCS Hyde Park 2010 [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am pretty darn good at getting in...but what about that guy in front of me? That is why I think no one should have them in the shoes. Not everyone has the same skill - and as you know triathlons are chock full of posers.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I am pretty darn good at getting in...but what about that guy in front of me? That is why I think no one should have them in the shoes. Not everyone has the same skill - and as you know triathlons are chock full of posers.

We should take biking out of triathlons too, some idiot could wreck in front of me and cause me to crash. Not everyone has the same handling skill set so lets just ban biking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you notice the people crashing were the ones trying to get their feet in their shoes right away? Get moving and into some clear space first. Oh, and I love the intelligence of the one girl who after she crashed and knocked her shoes off, put her shoes back onto her pedals, instead of just putting them on her feet. She then about crashed again, and had to stop.

http://train4autism.org/
Quote Reply
Re: Hilarious Womens T1 WCS Hyde Park 2010 [draketriathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, and swimming cause some unprepared jag is going to show up wearing a purple outfit and drown! All runs on soft ground as well....maybe we can run in an inflatable jumping deal...wait, someone may get hurt.

Still, a crash is a crash...but these crashes over shoes are easily avoidable and having everyone have no shoes in the pedals causes no one any penalty at all. Easy equalizer and safer for everyone.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
never ran into that issue but I don't do the super crowded races

In Reply To:

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Yeah, and swimming cause some unprepared jag is going to show up wearing a purple outfit and drown! All runs on soft ground as well....maybe we can run in an inflatable jumping deal...wait, someone may get hurt.

Still, a crash is a crash...but these crashes over shoes are easily avoidable and having everyone have no shoes in the pedals causes no one any penalty at all. Easy equalizer and safer for everyone.

Penalize the people who practice it and do it well simply because others don't?!?!?!?!
Quote Reply
Re: Hilarious Womens T1 WCS Hyde Park 2010 [Doitagain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, explain to me how anyone has a penalty if NO ONE is allowed to have shoes in the pedals?

Does this video not speak for itself? Did you not happen to catch that yes...these are the Pro/Elite at that? I have also seen MPro fall over trying to get out of T1, shoes flip and catch the ground bouncing the bike, guys cant turn them over and on and on - then they are just hazards in the course.

Quote Reply

Prev Next