Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

High extensions vs full tilt blocks, vert measurement
Quote | Reply
So if you can have 15 degrees tilt and xxmm of vertical bar rise from the pads: how is vertical rise measured if you only tilt the pads and use higher extensions?

Doesn’t really matter for my race class, just curious.

I see some folks tilting the pad/bar together with a nicer part, then some only tilting the pads then using “hi rise” bars.

Bought 15deg spacers but they only tilt the pads. Didn’t realize when I bought it.

If the extensions thing is an option, I’d try that.
Quote Reply
Re: High extensions vs full tilt blocks, vert measurement [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
15° is only measured on the pads themselves.
10cm mid pad - extension tip (or shifter tip if you're using mechanical) is the other measurement. The extension itself could theoretically be tilted any ° so long as it fits the 10cm.

Aerocoach currently sells blocks that tilt the "whole system" (bars and pads together) as well as just pad tilt spacers. The new hardware from Drag2Zero also can tilt the entire system.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: High extensions vs full tilt blocks, vert measurement [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The other guy pretty much answered it but what I have found has worked for me is as follows.

15 degrees pad tilt and I would use a 30-degree high-rise extension same with something like the zip EVO one tens you get roughly 20 degrees of rise so I would use 10° tilt at the pads.

So if you already bought a piece that lets you tilt your pads 15° I would look at extensions they give you 30 degrees like the ones sold by the watt shop
Quote Reply