Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

High end wetsuits. Roka X2 vs B70 Helix
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any thoughts on pros or cons? Roka having a nice sale on the x2, I'm a FOP swimmer/former college and have tried one before and got on quite well but am worried about durability as it had a bunch of holes in it. Have never swam in the blue 70.
Quote Reply
Re: High end wetsuits. Roka X2 vs B70 Helix [dayvic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the top end ROKA Maverick from about five years ago, whatever that was called.

I bought the Helix last year, after having been a fan of other B70 suits.

I have used the Helix a bunch of times, and just am not getting good results with it. Maybe I am losing my form and need more buoyancy. I suspect this suit is only good for elite swimmers (I’m usually top 5 in the water in my AG, and I wouldn’t judge myself that way).

I’m back to using the old ROKA, which I have patched about twenty times
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dayvic wrote:
Anyone have any thoughts on pros or cons? Roka having a nice sale on the x2, I'm a FOP swimmer/former college and have tried one before and got on quite well but am worried about durability as it had a bunch of holes in it. Have never swam in the blue 70.

Both companies allow you to try a wetsuit and return it if you’re not completely satisfied

I purchased the top two from both companies and repeatedly tested them

Of course, I wanted the lowest price Wetsuit to be the fastest, but it turned out faster suit. What is the most expensive at the time which for me what is the RoKA Maverick X
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the original x2 and have the B70 reaction and helix. The reaction is just a slightly less refined helix but with a tradition zipper vs the helix reverse zipper.

The helix is much more flexible and lighter feeling when on land than the Roka. I did have the seem split on the helix and took some effort to get it replaced under warranty. Roka has always been great to deal with when there’s an issue

Like others said, order both, try them and see what feels best.
Quote Reply