Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

High-hands position with Zipp Vuka Stealth?
Quote | Reply
hey yall,

i've got a BMC TM02 (2017) with zipp vuka stealth base bars/cups and i'm trying to achieve a high-hands position. given that it is an old model base bar, i'm having a hard time figuring out what my options for a high-hands position are. does anyone run one of these and has achieved such a position?
Quote Reply
Re: High-hands position with Zipp Vuka Stealth? [johnj121591] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnj121591 wrote:
hey yall,

i've got a BMC TM02 (2017) with zipp vuka stealth base bars/cups and i'm trying to achieve a high-hands position. given that it is an old model base bar, i'm having a hard time figuring out what my options for a high-hands position are. does anyone run one of these and has achieved such a position?

All the Vuka's use standard 22.2 extensions. So anything you want to run should work. The cups depend on which particular model and vintage of Vuka you have (assuming this is the full bar/extension variant and not the bull bar and bolt on round handlebar extensions) . The earlier models had cup hardware that rotated based on selected pad width, which probably doesn't work that well for cups designed to mount to a flat mount. The last version of the Vuka had flat cup mounts and additional tilt built into the pedestals.

Some of the aftermarket super-extensions also offer Vuka conversion mount options.
Quote Reply
Re: High-hands position with Zipp Vuka Stealth? [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Vuka Aero base bar, which is similar. I believe the difference is that the Vuka Stealth has a built-in stem. I'm on a circa 2014 TM01. I angled my extensions and cups by combining Zipp risers with a Drag2Zero angled riser and pole clamp. I use Culprit cups and 400mm Profile 50A extensions. This setup is solid and comfortable and I'm really happy with it. I will send a picture and the product links tonight. I think what I have is exactly what you're seeking.

Edit. Corrected to say I have the Vuka "Aero" base bar.
Last edited by: odds_and_ends: Jun 29, 23 9:23
Quote Reply
Re: High-hands position with Zipp Vuka Stealth? [johnj121591] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just be careful with getting your hands too high. I tested at A2 with both 70mm and 110mm rise Vuka extensions (as well as a bit of tilt) and the higher hand position on the 110 was measurably slower for me.
Quote Reply
Re: High-hands position with Zipp Vuka Stealth? [odds_and_ends] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Below are the photos and links I described earlier today.

I used the Zipp riser first, because that sits nicely in the base bar. There is no tilt on that. I have actually paired 25mm and 10mm risers, because that's the height I want. I can stack the risers by doing a minor amount of filing on the 10mm (top) riser and using bolts that are 10mm longer than the bolt for the 25mm risers.

After that, I added Drag2Zero's 15 degree angled shim and pole clamp. Use the D2Z angled shims technical guide to verify your risers' bolt spacing will work with them.

Finally, there's the Profile Design 50A extensions and Culprit pads.

Quote Reply