Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Administrator
Last edited by: LarryCalifornia: Dec 5, 04 15:20
Re: Hey iPod people, few ???'s. [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Larry,

You'll need to make separate playlists (see under the File Menu and they'll appear under source). Drag & drop your songs into your individual playlists. When you plug in the iPod, you'll see an iPod icon on the bottom right hand side – does NOT show up until you plug the iPod into the CPU. When that icon appears, click it, and you get options of when this iPod (mini, mega, his, hers, cats, dogs, etc) connects, download X,Y & Z playlist or Z & Y or just X, etc.

Good luck

John
Austin, TX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Set iTunes for manual, rather than automatic, updates. That way, you choose what is added and removed from your iPod(s). this also allows you to store more music on your computer than your mini will hold.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bought his and hers minis as well and had the same problem. We log on as different users with Windows XP and I set it up so her music will load into her folder and my music will load onto my folder. The one drawback is that there will be some music that we have in both our folders but I bought an 80 gig USB hard drive specifically to store our music so I think we will have plenty of room. And if we do run out I'll just erase some of her music.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can set the iPod/iPod minis to only download selected playlists rather than all the playlists. Select the iPod/iPod mini in iTunes and then click the "Display iPod options" button in the bottom right corner of the screen. It should be the left-most of the four buttons down there (looks like a iPod). Then make the appropriate buttonw selection under the "music" tab and check or un-check whatever playlists you want to have copied over. Only the music on those playlists will be copied into the iPod's memory.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WHen you connect an iPod or an iPod mini for the first time, I believe the default is to open iTunes and then transfer everything UNLESS the available memory is less than the size of the music library (like in your case). In that case I think it pops open a dialog telling you that there isn't enough memory to transfer everything and asks you what you want to do.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey iPod people, few ???'s. [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Phil, You Rock!

I just spent a few hours trying to figure out how to get my plylists on my mini. After I went over 4 gigs loaded into my PC my ipod mini went to one general playlist. A quick search found this thread and the solution.

Thanks

Dave
Quote Reply