Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hey Super Dave, what crankset is Cameron Brown using?
Quote | Reply
http://xtri.com/article-pic.asp?id=1404&offset=1

Is that some sort of campy/SRM combo?

Anyone?
Last edited by: tripoet: Mar 8, 05 12:58
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Super Dave, what crankset is Cameron Brown using? [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Super Dave, what crankset is Cameron Brown using? [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like the SRM Amateur Road Crank with Campy rings to me.
I'll shoot him an email and find out for sure.
Cheers,
Herbert
Litespeed/QR
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Super Dave, what crankset is Cameron Brown using? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you sure those are Campag rings? As far as I am aware they didn't produce black chainrings, at least to the public.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll guess that he has an SRM Am drive side crank arm with what appears to be TA or perhaps Stronglight Chainrings. The non-drive side arm does appear to be a Campagnolo Carbon one, perhaps he wanted to shave the 20 grams.

Herbert seems to have the inside track, but I'll put $0.25 on my guess. I'm sure those aren't Campagnolo made chainrings.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

This sounds like a cool contest, what do we win when Herbert gets the answer. My entry is a SRM driveside and a Campy non-drive with aftermarket rings. If we have to be specific I'll go FSA rings. I don't know why but the SRM non-drive side has gotten a poor reputation. Gordo says never to use it. I dont know what the issue is though.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Super Dave, what crankset is Cameron Brown using? [smtyrrell99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Gordo actually answered that a week ago or so... he says it gives you major style points to run your regular crank on the left (according to a pal of his, anyways). Apparently there's nothing wrong w/ the left SRM. It's basically saying, look, I have an SRM AND a Record set.

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Super Dave, what crankset is Cameron Brown using? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I said Campy rings, I did not mean Campagnolo made, only Campagnolo compatible. :-)SuperDave might be better qualified to identify chainrings than I am. The pic attached is of the SRM Amateur Road crank which is available in Shimano and Campagnolo compatibility according to Schoberer Messtechnik.

Herbert
Last edited by: Herbert: Mar 8, 05 13:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SRM crank on one side and Campag crank on the other side according to Cam, but only for this race.
Herbert
Litespeed/QR
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Super Dave, what crankset is Cameron Brown using? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would love to see Cameron Brown's power data from IMNZ. I do not expect he would share that info though - only Gordo does that it seems. However, I suppose it is possible to guess with decent accuracy what the power data would be. My guess is normative power of about 290????