Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hey Slowman (or others in So.Cal)
Quote | Reply
Have I missed it, or have you yet to cover (in your ever developing journalistic manner) the yearly official "non" race up Palomar? I have been out of the loop here in So.Cal (less training in SD county this year) and haven't heard about the annual bike race up Palomar. Any news? Dates? It was always an interesting filler story prior to Kona.

Just checking...if someone posted it, does anyone have the link? I can't find it (apparently it has hidden itself along with my training schedule ;-(

~ Craig
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Slowman (or others in So.Cal) [Craigster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the palomar climb was put on by carbboom, and more specifically by paul thomas when he was at carbboom. but he isn't there anymore.

paul has come up here a couple of times to train with us, and he's in ripping good bike shape by the way. he fast-talked his way into the pro/1/2 race we have up here, very hard, hilly 80-mile loop course, and he made a very good field suffer the whole race.

anyway, paul wants to resume the thing, maybe down in palomar, maybe up here on our climb. this is the time of year it would happen, because the germans are in san diego now. i'll call him up and we'll see. i'll certainly go down and ride that, and bring an extra 15 or 20 guys, if everybody wants to do it. i'll post it here in advance if it's a go.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply