Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hey Andypants is Khai alive
Quote | Reply
Did he survive the Chicks? I did not have the courage to hang with your girls for any longer than UBC hill but it was nice to meet another STer.

Regards

Re: Hey Andypants is Khai alive [SimpleS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is da man. He basically pulled the train from the top of the hill to the bridge. You rock Khai. Next week is the TT, but week after that you guys should come out again.

I had to turn back at the bridge, my rear d was sounding bad - and this just after a tune up too! Hmph! :-( but at least I got in a 10k run afterwards on the trails at UBC. :->

Yeah the pace can be pretty brutal (today was about 32kph) but the worst part was getting the sandblast facial from the ladies with crappy or minimal or no fenders. When I hit Subway later, they just stared at the dirt in my ears, probably thought I was a nutbar.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Andypants is Khai alive [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey AndyPants, nice to ride with you friendly folks today. As you saw, I kept onwards with SimpleS and got the hurt put on me. Team Toothpick can't handle being blown around @ Iona even behind Simon's draft. I'd love to sign up as an honorary Dizzy Chick and take refuge in the cushy draft of your crew.

Oops, did that sound weird?

Khai, you fared much better than me today. Not only did I get hammered (on Simon's easy ride no less), I flatted on my no-longer-so-blessed Panaracers -- only 300m away from home.

I tell ya, if that piece of lodged glass was a diamond, it would have made J-Lo proud. And then I could get a yaqui to keep up with you to boot.

-----------------------
Proud member of Team Tooth Pick (TTP): like a leaf in the wind.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Andypants is Khai alive [powergyoza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh man that is sh*tty, but at least you were close to home. And yeah the draft from that train is pretty nice. I expect us to represent well at next week's TT, if Moriah rides (Cat 2), she usually wins her div. I'm just hoping to not be last ;-)

Good to finally meet y'all, crummy weather and all.

AP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just thought of the slogan for the Smartasscoach Corporation...

"Bringing people together the world over"

:-p

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be out there next Sat to take pics and support all of you and also the wife who will be racing. Have to pass on the TT as I am too old and beat up to race on back to back days as its Harris Roubaix the following day. Was Moriah out today? We have mutual friends but I have never met her.

Re: Hey Andypants is Khai alive [SimpleS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah she was there today, blonde in the fasso bortolo kit. Good, we'll see you next Sat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the props - I had a blast riding "with the Chicks", and will very likely take you up on your invitation to ride the week after next.

I actually have an hour Z1 ride slated for after the TT, so if you want to join us for an easy post-race spin in Pitt Meadows, you're more than welcome.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply