Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [khanlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a JC130 Y-junction between the brake levers, then everything into a JC41 4 port.
In this example the battery is in the right extension (so I could use the seatpost battery holder in another bike that couldn't use the aeroport) so there is a JC130 there as well
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s interesting that setup isn’t included stock from Cervelo. Possibly because of the Zipp Vuka carbon extensions?
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I designed the aeroport with Cervelo in mind because the Di2 P3 was always so frustrating to build
But they haven't specced it, apparently it's ok to have a birds nest on an expensive bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where do you hide the JC41 four port? I think I would still need to attach that to the stem like the 5 port junction box I’m trying to get rid of.

cyclenutnz wrote:
a JC130 Y-junction between the brake levers, then everything into a JC41 4 port.
In this example the battery is in the right extension (so I could use the seatpost battery holder in another bike that couldn't use the aeroport) so there is a JC130 there as well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On that bike it's inside the stem. Have done it sitting inside the basebar on other bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is brilliant.

David - I have a 105 P-Series that I’d like to upgrade to Di2. Would you be able to help once I have the components?

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What have you used to plug the hole at the top of the form?

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3

Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure.
Shimano NZ have Ultegra Di2 parts now, which will likely last a week or two. Getting hold of Shimano stuff quite a problem atm.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [pwai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pwai wrote:
The FSA ACR compression nut could work.
Going to see if this will work. Have also sent a message to QR to see if they can ship one to NZ.

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BayDad wrote:
pwai wrote:
The FSA ACR compression nut could work.
Going to see if this will work. Have also sent a message to QR to see if they can ship one to NZ.

I got a new Ultegra P-Series. I have the choice between shortening the front brake cable or feeding it through the steerer tube. Did anybody try the FSA ACR? and the drill a hole through the dust cap?

In any case I have to get the TRP bleeding kit and olives. Would be great to hear from some successful conversion from you before ordering stuff.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/13873052
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [Geraldaut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See my earlier post on this. Order a Quintana Roo top cap and steerer plug. Cable will feed right through with no problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
khanlon wrote:
See my earlier post on this. Order a Quintana Roo top cap and steerer plug. Cable will feed right through with no problem.

Thanks, it is not easy to get those Quintana Roo parts in Europe. I'll contact them.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Geraldaut wrote:
khanlon wrote:

Thanks, it is not easy to get those Quintana Roo parts in Europe. I'll contact them.
I went in their site and into the chat function. They got it sorted within a day and I paid.

Only problem is that the 2 I ordered are held up in Cincinnati for whatever reason.

That said, race season is almost done here in NZ so gives me time to source more Di2 pets and do the brake cable mod.

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I just checked and in any case it would be a tight fit with the available cable length - I need to cut the fork head first. And before doing that I need to fine tune the fit so I’ll do this later (if ever).
I am considering a hydration solution now - FC15 or FC25 probably, this would also give me the support for my GPS. And a Powermeter (my old 4iiii has not the same crank length). And pedals (I am still on SPD).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice.

I used the PD 1/seventeen stem abs Aeria faceplate. Then use the Aeria Hydration system. Works great. The only drawback is that damn cable.

Soon to be resolved.

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My PR4 parts arrived today. Look forward to sorting this next week.

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Post pictures when done. Would love to see how it comes together!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm taking delivery of my Di2P-Series this weekend (hopefully). I'm also replacing the cockpit with one from 51-Speedshop, which should help to tidy up the Di2 cables nicely. I'm planning on routing everything from the stem, through that little plastic aero piece, and into the bento box given there's enough length to the cables.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a great mod! I picked up a P-series Di2 yesterday.
Did you have to drill the extensions for cable routing? I’d really appreciate it if you could scribble a diagram of what you did.

Regards

Phil
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just wanted to post this update as I didn’t see anymore on the subject:
I purchased the fsa acr compression plug and began the process of internally routing that front brake cable.... the cable isn’t long enough even if stock, so you’ll need to make sure you have extra cable/fittings for this job.
[url=https://www.linkpicture.com/...a6dbf8540f1965125133][/url]
[url=https://www.linkpicture.com/...aa6e01bf031436365034][/url]
Last edited by: Fitdadjbry: May 23, 21 8:00
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [Fitdadjbry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great work, thx for the pictures. For my part, as I am also with mechanical shifting I just shortened the cable and forget about it - without electronic shifting you will never get this super clean look anyway.
And I added hydration, my tool and spare tu e bag etc. to the cockpit - I got quite full anyways!
BTW- I still did not find a neat solution for the GPS head unit between the aero bars (Lezyne GPS)…

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There’s still room to clean even cable shifting up using the right stem/aerobar/headset set up.
But if one is gonna drop that kind of money into it, they should just get the p5 disc.
I’ve also wondered about what forks fit on this as I’ve seen the p5 disc fork for sale..🤔
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got the new hydraulic line in, installed. Re bled, now it’s ready to ride. Very simple upgrade to make your p series your own.
Hopefully cervelo has taken notice and future p series will have that front cable hidden.

Last edited by: Fitdadjbry: May 29, 21 15:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet!
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [pwai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi has anyone tried a 140mm rear rotor on the cable disc 105? If so do just have to remove the 160mm spacer and was there enough braking?
Last edited by: Ck15: Jul 10, 21 10:31
Quote Reply

Prev Next