Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
So they UNdid this design on the new bike?!

Easy to hide the cable when it just goes into the bayonet under the stem. At the very least the PS could have the cable enter at the front of the crown so it's in front of the HT.
Or there are a variety of ways of running it into the frame - though there is a travel/practicality argument against that.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
Looks like a knockoff Giant Trinity

Was about to say the same thing. Looks a lot like the Trinity but with a terrible front hydration system. Seems like a decent bike for the money but I’d take the Giant over this.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
But I give Cervelo an A+ on the commercial -

being a dad of a daughter this got me in the feels BIG TIME. they nailed it on the marketing!

Gotta agree with you there. Great commercial. My 5 year old daughter likes to run on the treadmill next to me while I’m riding the trainer. Definitely spent some trainer rides watching kids shows on Netflix.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [Cup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t know, I thought it was rather heavy handed.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True. And then it would look even more like a Superslice than it already does.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [Cup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cup wrote:
damon.lebeouf wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:

being a dad of a daughter this got me in the feels BIG TIME. they nailed it on the marketing!

Gotta agree with you there. Great commercial. My 5 year old daughter likes to run on the treadmill next to me while I’m riding the trainer. Definitely spent some trainer rides watching kids shows on Netflix.

Great commercial!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The P Ultegra retails for 6500$.

Are the wheels Vision 55 Disc any good?

ARe there any other options to consider in this price range for a « complete » build (storage, wheels... included)?
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [MikeAG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MikeAG wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
based on playing around the website.

The offering looks more like this:

P Series
P5
P3x

None of the option on the P Series give you an integrated cockpit like the P5.

Wait... so the P5 Disc, black/graphite is still available? I was told otherwise this morning by a Cervelo authorized dealer...

Yes still available. Tri is the P3X/PX and TT is the P-Series/P5

We broke down the full range of bikes - http://aerogeeks.com/...t-lineup-first-look/ (including the confusing naming convention)

Is the P3X available as a frameset..? The aerogeek link says is $2500 and the PX frameset is $5500..? That's a LOT of $$$ for a different set of bars..!!
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [Hiphophopper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hiphophopper wrote:
MikeAG wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
based on playing around the website.

The offering looks more like this:

P Series
P5
P3x

None of the option on the P Series give you an integrated cockpit like the P5.

Wait... so the P5 Disc, black/graphite is still available? I was told otherwise this morning by a Cervelo authorized dealer...

Yes still available. Tri is the P3X/PX and TT is the P-Series/P5

We broke down the full range of bikes - http://aerogeeks.com/...t-lineup-first-look/ (including the confusing naming convention)

Is the P3X available as a frameset..? The aerogeek link says is $2500 and the PX frameset is $5500..? That's a LOT of $$$ for a different set of bars..!!

The P-Series, P5, and PX are all availabile as frame sets ($2500/$5500/$5500). The P3X is not (at least as of now)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But is t the PX the same frame as the P3x? Just the base bar thats different no?
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Tom A. wrote:
(BTW, I'm serious about wondering if that bottle fits the old P2/P3...right now I've got an Elite Crono CX on there mounted lower with an adapter, but that looks like it would fit much nicer in that spot)

do you intend to drink out of the new p-series bottle? i cannot get the bottle back into the cage. i've got 2 of these p-series bikes right now i'm messing with. i love the bottle. just not as a bottle. it needs to just be storage.

here is what i've written so far about this bike.

Specialized did the same thing more than a decade ago with the Transition. Designed a specific water bottle (Virtue) to fit perfectly with the single bosses on the frame. The only issue being the bottle was useless as a bottle. They learned and moved on only to have Cervelo do the same thing with the P4 albiet the P4 bottle was designed to exploit a UCI loophole and make the whole bike faster. I would have thought the lesson would have been learned by now but apparently not.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [Polo_1272] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Polo_1272 wrote:
But is t the PX the same frame as the P3x? Just the base bar thats different no?

Yep same frame. Different base bar and group sets. Only way to get the non UCI legal frame though is through the PX framekit. The P-Series frame is the UCI legal one.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [Hiphophopper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure that is an error. P3X doesn't appear to be available as a frameset on the Cervelo website.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [SAvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SAvan wrote:
Pretty sure that is an error. P3X doesn't appear to be available as a frameset on the Cervelo website.

Thanks for pointing that out. I didnt realize the error on the page was causing the confusion. We updated http://aerogeeks.com/...t-lineup-first-look/ and now correctly state the P3X frameset is NOT available. Also realized we had the prices mixed up for the P-Series and P3X as well. All should be well now!
Last edited by: MikeAG: Sep 6, 19 5:30
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
USCoregonian wrote:
Looks like a knockoff Giant Trinity

And that frame is like 5 years old, lol.

Which was a knock off of the original p3 series from 17 years ago.

Maurice

I was thinking that, but the P3 design was introduced more like 20 years ago. Either late 1999 or early 2000. Cervelo evolved their P2 which had a seatmast into 2 new and exciting bikes the P2K and the P3 with curved seat tube. Both in aluminum and the first bikes that I recall which had telescoping aero seat posts plus they had horizontal dropouts to tuck rear wheel into seat tube for better aerodynamics. Plus, the aero tubing that was superior to most anything else on the market. These 2 frames were revolutionary and totally changed the landscape of triathlon bikes.

The P3 with curved seat tube was one of the most emulated tribikes of all time!

I remember seeing the original P2 with seatmast at the 1996 Powerman Alabama, when Cervelo was NOT that common and my first impression was “that looks like a copy of the GT Superbike 1”.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [Testrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t know much about Vision wheel but I would think that choice would be disappointing to those who are looking to buy the completed bike. It would be a factor in steering me toward the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [harshc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
harshc wrote:
OMG!! that giant gap between the bottle and the steerer tube. After all that work that Torhans, Speedfil, Xlab put into kamtrails and getting the BTA tucked into the frame, these guys come out with this atrocity? Looks like a cross between the newer Slice and the newer Trinity. The thinner tube profiles just dont sit right with me for some reason. The 15/16 P5 is such a solid frame even today.

I feel like they had meetings about how can we make our bikes uglier and executed well. 15/16 P5 is so beautiful to look at P-series? Oh man, I need to wash my eyes.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scott8888 wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Tom A. wrote:
(BTW, I'm serious about wondering if that bottle fits the old P2/P3...right now I've got an Elite Crono CX on there mounted lower with an adapter, but that looks like it would fit much nicer in that spot)

do you intend to drink out of the new p-series bottle? i cannot get the bottle back into the cage. i've got 2 of these p-series bikes right now i'm messing with. i love the bottle. just not as a bottle. it needs to just be storage.

here is what i've written so far about this bike.

Specialized did the same thing more than a decade ago with the Transition. Designed a specific water bottle (Virtue) to fit perfectly with the single bosses on the frame. The only issue being the bottle was useless as a bottle. They learned and moved on only to have Cervelo do the same thing with the P4 albiet the P4 bottle was designed to exploit a UCI loophole and make the whole bike faster. I would have thought the lesson would have been learned by now but apparently not.

Huh...I've never had any issues using my Virtue bottle as a bottle...and I've used it on everything from the original Transition it was designed for, to an S5, to my current custom Stinner road bike. It just doesn't match up well to the downtube on the P2...

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:

This campaign could be great if they put in on TV...but why do I know it won't get put on TV?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was it me, or did that guy look like LA (especially since the camera shots were so quick and changed so often)???
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:

If you want your kids to become endurance athletes you have to do the sports a family, support it with decent quality gear, and most importantly put them in a place where they can do the sport with their peer group.

You cannot make your kids want to do endurance sports just because you do. It takes their peer group to make it happen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know if the P3X can be "upgraded" afterwards with the split basebar of the new PX-Series? Is the new mount system in any way compatible and are (or will be) available as spare parts ?
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exposed cables and ugly paint. Why Cervelo????????
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [nakan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nakan wrote:
Do you know if the P3X can be "upgraded" afterwards with the split basebar of the new PX-Series? Is the new mount system in any way compatible and are (or will be) available as spare parts ?

Looking at the specs on Cervelo's website. The Px reverted to the P5x's base bar. The split basebar was new for the P3x.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't like the front hydration. Looks just bolted on. Not sure why all the colors are mostly black; must be cheaper to produce. Cervelo should be leading with this class of tri bike, not following.

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Last edited by: Don_W: Sep 9, 19 13:49
Quote Reply

Prev Next