Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure why they would get rid of it. The P5 Disc is UCI Compliant and the P Series is not...unless I'm missing something on Cervelo's website.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Not sure why they would get rid of it. The P5 Disc is UCI Compliant and the P Series is not...unless I'm missing something on Cervelo's website.

Both the P5 and PSeries are UCI compliant. http://aerogeeks.com/...p-series-first-look/

Last edited by: MikeAG: Sep 5, 19 11:34
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [MikeAG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you berry much.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
If I ever decide to go disc, this would be a good starting place to look--Cervelo always is for me. I honestly don't know all the competitor pricing, but $2,500 for that frame seems reasonable to me.

My feelings as well. $2500 for the frameset is nice. Cheaper than the rim P3 frameset which surprises me. Most companies seem to be including a ‘disc brake tax.’

Maybe they’ll get the brake hose cleaned up in the next year or two

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, looking at the Di2 built, it has TRP HD-T910 levers with Shimano di2 SW-R600 levers. I know I read a couple years ago that you could change the ‘housing’ of the TRP lever so that Di2 buttons could be placed in it, but I don’t think anything other than a prototype was done
https://bikerumor.com/...in-di2-etap-buttons/

Wondering if that is what this is or if it’s something just kind of hacked together

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ex-cyclist wrote:

Looks like they just put a new head tub and fork on the S5. Everything back is nearly identical.

External brake cables at this point are pretty inexcusable.

+1. Even the seatclamp is identical to S5 ;)
I guess, the manufacturing method is 2 separate moulds - one for rear triangle, one for front, so what Cervelo did here, is basically took the S5 rear and glued together with a new front end.

----------------------------
Need more W/CdA.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [mrlobber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrlobber wrote:
Ex-cyclist wrote:

Looks like they just put a new head tub and fork on the S5. Everything back is nearly identical.

External brake cables at this point are pretty inexcusable.

+1. Even the seatclamp is identical to S5 ;)
I guess, the manufacturing method is 2 separate moulds - one for rear triangle, one for front, so what Cervelo did here, is basically took the S5 rear and glued together with a new front end.

We asked Cervelo about this. Its similiar but a little thicker on the P3

Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am I lost or is this the answer if you want a p5 disk frame without proprietary cockpit?
Looks like the next bike for me for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's a fine bike, but is there any way to attach more stuff to it? what it i want 2 more spare tyres? or rearview mirrors? where should i hang my fuzzy dice? is there room for a 5th water bottle?

back to the drawing board, cervelo!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
But I give Cervelo an A+ on the commercial -

Nice. Reminds me of the old Garmin 910 commercial.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wanna take bets on what's faster...my old (2014 era) P2 with TriRig Omegas and Hed Jet6+ Black wheels (cover on rear) vs. a P-series with same bar and bottles (that Cervelo Aero bottle fits the old P2/P3, right?) and Hed Jet6+ Disc wheels (cover on rear again...can you put a cover on one of those?)?

Based on the claimed savings vs. a stock P2/P3, I'm betting on my rig being lower drag (and significantly so)...

Oh well. At least it's new and shiny...

(BTW, I'm serious about wondering if that bottle fits the old P2/P3...right now I've got an Elite Crono CX on there mounted lower with an adapter, but that looks like it would fit much nicer in that spot)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought the Cervelo Aero bottle for my 2011 P2 and the mount hangs off the downtube quite a bit on each side. It's only designed for the wider downtubes

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Off topic for this thread but Giant’s aero bottle works pretty well on my Speed Concept ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
I bought the Cervelo Aero bottle for my 2011 P2 and the mount hangs off the downtube quite a bit on each side. It's only designed for the wider downtubes

Yeah...I'm looking at the newer downtubes with that bottle and comparing to mine...it looks like they're wider further up past the upper bottle mount. Bummer. Looks like I'll have to print up the adapter I've designed up to mount the Elite bottle further down...

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
USCoregonian wrote:
Looks like a knockoff Giant Trinity

And that frame is like 5 years old, lol.

Which was a knock off of the original p3 series from 17 years ago.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm https://www.google.com/...mgrc=dFgtRTGj7Q2EsM:

maybe.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is great news if used P2s and P3s start flooding the market.

And, sure, 105 is 'good enough', but for $3k+ I want the label on the big parts to end with "-tegra".

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
(BTW, I'm serious about wondering if that bottle fits the old P2/P3...right now I've got an Elite Crono CX on there mounted lower with an adapter, but that looks like it would fit much nicer in that spot)

do you intend to drink out of the new p-series bottle? i cannot get the bottle back into the cage. i've got 2 of these p-series bikes right now i'm messing with. i love the bottle. just not as a bottle. it needs to just be storage.

here is what i've written so far about this bike.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I could easily see this being the new super/mortal musclebike platform for aeroweenies

Yes and no.
On one hand - stick a TR Alpha One on this frame and you've got a P5D with better adjustability and lower cost. The only thing that stops me from saying it would be foolish to buy a P5D is the front brake cable on the P-Series.

On the other - that's about all you can do - can't fix that brake cable (which is what TR Omega did for rim brake bikes). Tidy storage is done, only one rear bottle mount option (at this point). There really isn't much to be done with it other than a bar upgrade.

What an aeroweenie would do (as evinced by the comment from a member of the aeroweenie circle of elders above) is grab one of the outgoing P2/3/5 frames and tweak that.

One impact of disc brakes is that the gap between mortal and top end bikes is narrowed - the top bikes no longer have a hidden brake aero advantage. Cervelo probably had to leave the front brake cable dangling in the wind to force a meaningful aero difference between P-series (which is a particularly uninspiring name) and P5D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it boring of me to complain about the geometry?
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was the cable fully hidden on the p5disc?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Was the cable fully hidden on the p5disc?

Yes - its only exposed when it leaves the fork to enter the calipers. I couldnt find a great non drive side photo but this gives you an idea.

Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [MikeAG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So they UNdid this design on the new bike?!

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The p5 has the fully integrated base bar and bayonet fork. The new bike is much more standard. I wouldn’t say they undid it - it’s a completely different design. Still needs to be corrected though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
So they UNdid this design on the new bike?!

The frame looks completely different.

Quote Reply

Prev Next