Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Here's an example of, there is only so much you can do for a frame...
Quote | Reply
http://cgi.ebay.com/...=7164018292&rd=1

Lots of well matched goodies, but it just doesn't quite work.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's an example of, there is only so much you can do for a frame... [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What doesn't quite work? It looks like a great bike to me. I will not get in on the bidding though.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's an example of, there is only so much you can do for a frame... [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aside from the fact it isn't a Cervelo (sarcasm), what's wrong with it?

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What doesn't quite work about it again?

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know it's not campag equiped or red... other than that what's wrong with it?

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten." - (John) Calvin Coolidge
Quote Reply
Re: Here's an example of, there is only so much you can do for a frame... [konaby2008] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have either of you seen a new "Chrome" Tranisition in person? Not very pretty, kinda fugly, actually.

Easy lesson. If you are gonna drop 4+ grand on a bike, get a nice frame. The Transition S-works would have been fine. A nice matte black (to compliment the carbon) and the fact it was scandium would work nicely.
This one is ordinary (for all intensive purposes) aluminum.
You don't put $5000 rims on a Honda civic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same bike in black. I use Ultegra 10 gears (I have 20 gears in total but only two speeds - slow and very slow). Anyway, this bike is a bloody rocket. I smashed any PR I had held before in TTs I have done so far. I am sure that this bike is potentially even faster than mine

What's your point?

---------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"For all intensive purposes." That's huge.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see your point. I don't like the colour of this model either. My black one is much nicer.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know what's wrong with it!! It has Tufo Tires...That means it is slow! =P

[reply]I know what's wrong with it!! It has Tufo Tires...That means it is slow! =P[/reply]

Ze Gopha is more concerned with looks. It is the color.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What if your intents and purposes were less than "intensive purposes" Gopha?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The S-Works frame and the Transition Comp frame are made of the same material... the color is the only difference.

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten." - (John) Calvin Coolidge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Yeah I wish that bike looked as good as this tape job.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's an example of, there is only so much you can do for a frame... [konaby2008] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is harsh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a nice bike.

What doesn't "work" on it besides the lack of color?
Quote Reply
Re: Here's an example of, there is only so much you can do for a frame... [Pluto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The black color is cool.

The problem is, $2000 for wheels, $500+ for aerobars, $1800 for Dura-ace, $400 fork up-grade, $190 for seatpost, $50 for waterbottle cage, ect......
......Then a relatively entry level frame.

The chrome Transition could be built up with 105 or Ultegra, some Cinelli Angel's, a Renn 575, a Hed Jet, and maybe a BP-seatpost. That would be a nice bike.

On a side note, this may not be a bad deal for someone to pick up. Swap the components out, eBay the frame for $800, and give it a real "top of the line" frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is that a 'forte' stem? dear mother of god if it is...
Quote Reply
Re: Here's an example of, there is only so much you can do for a frame... [Alan Romania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The S-Works frame and the Transition Comp frame are made of the same material... the color is the only difference."

Who told you that?

The S-works uses Specialized's E5 heat-treated tubing, the regular transition uses regular alloys.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guess you don't like the look of titanium bikes either, eh?

Geez, when was a kid racing BMX, all the bikes were chrome. Shiny was cool.

To each his own I guess.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: Here's an example of, there is only so much you can do for a frame... [art vandelay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want to mail me a new stem, go for it.
It's the only one I could afford.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Besides the website, their 2005 catalog and the local rep...well no one else.

Quote Reply
Re: Here's an example of, there is only so much you can do for a frame... [Alan Romania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just on the website, check under "Features."
S-works uses their "Special" E5 stuff, the transition, doesn't say that anywhere.
It's just like their road line, Allez-Comp for low-end alloy, S-works for high-end stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i see cinelli sesamo stems pop up from time to time on ebay. unique, won an italian design award when they were introduced. the red/silver combo is excellent.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both the S Works Transition and the regular Transition bikes have the same frame description

"Specialized Transition design, full aero tubing, internal brake and derailleur guides, Columbus SLX, double-butted, heat-treated. Replaceable derailleur hanger."

Prev Next