Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JASpencer wrote:
I could get on board with this. Prices aren't bad (compared to P3X imo). Really, really, really dislike what they did with the front brake cable.

Agreed. I mean. Come on.

-------
http://www.y-rocket.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm working on a rear box for the 56cm P Series, see picture of prototype on customer's bike. One more design change to fill in the gap between the rear of the frame and front the box and it should be good to go.

I'd like to design a box for the 51, 54 and 58 sizes as well. If there is anyone in the US willing to help out with some basic measurements, that would be great. Even better if you are in the San Francisco Bay Area.

thanks

Yann

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anybody have a manual for the P-Series?
Looking for a diagram and details for a Di2 install.
Where does the battery mount? What Cwrvelo parts do I need to install the Di2 components in the frame?
Any help appreciated
Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [GTNeil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is a link to a video of a di2 p-series build. [/url]

GTNeil wrote:
Does anybody have a manual for the P-Series?
Looking for a diagram and details for a Di2 install.
Where does the battery mount? What Cwrvelo parts do I need to install the Di2 components in the frame?
Any help appreciated
Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [khanlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is anyone using a stages power meter with this bike? Does it clear the chainstay?
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [pwai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pwai wrote:
Does anyone know if the front brake cable can be routed through the fork steerer, from the top of the steerer all the way to the brake (using a specific expander with a cable channel).

I looked at this tonight, and yes, it can be done! 😄. I routed a cable from the top of the steerer, through the fork leg, and out the existing cable hole at the brake caliper. I just need a top cap and steerer tube expander so the cable can go through with the stem attached. Does anyone have a too cap and steerer expander recommendation that would work?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The FSA ACR compression nut could work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just picked mine up last week. And this thread needed some pics.

Its a 51 btw if you need help with data/measurements for anything.

Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love the color

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
Love the color

Yea I wasn't sold until I saw it in person. Its unreal how much it changes depending on the angle and light. Its a chameleon. This was just from a different angle and slightly different light. Has a deep blue/purple look to it. And in others its green. I definitely won't get bored of the color.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:
Just picked mine up last week. And this thread needed some pics.

Its a 51 btw if you need help with data/measurements for anything.

Congratulations on the new bike. Where are you located? I’m going to start on design for the 51cm and 54 this week

Yann

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, new bike day is always fun.

This might not help you, but I'm in NY. I saw your original post preferred the San Fran area. Still figured Id offer anything I can do to help, esp since I'll wanna buy one of whatever youre whipping up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:

This might not help you, but I'm in NY. I saw your original post preferred the San Fran area. Still figured Id offer anything I can do to help, esp since I'll wanna buy one of whatever youre whipping up.

Please email me at yann@custombikexcessories.com with subject 51 cm P series, I'll send you some directions for measuring.

thanks

Yann

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
Yeeper wrote:

Please email me at yann@custombikexcessories.com with subject 51 cm P series, I'll send you some directions for measuring.

thanks

Yann

Done
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's the final production version of rear storage box for the 56 P Series.
You can order it here https://custombikexcessories.com/...lo-p-series-rear-box

I'll be starting work on 51 and 54 sized frames this week.

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To follow up on my original post, the internal front brake routing is done! I ordered a QR PRfour disc top cap/compression nut to drop the brake housing down the steerer tube. From there it comes right out the bottom of the fork. Front end is so much cleaner now!

khanlon wrote:
pwai wrote:
Does anyone know if the front brake cable can be routed through the fork steerer, from the top of the steerer all the way to the brake (using a specific expander with a cable channel).

I looked at this tonight, and yes, it can be done! 😄. I routed a cable from the top of the steerer, through the fork leg, and out the existing cable hole at the brake caliper. I just need a top cap and steerer tube expander so the cable can go through with the stem attached. Does anyone have a too cap and steerer expander recommendation that would work?
Last edited by: khanlon: Nov 24, 20 19:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome job! The bike is so much greater now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks great!

Where did you order the top cap and steerer tube expander, at a local QR dealer? (It's not on the European QR site.)
Last edited by: Jörgen: Nov 25, 20 2:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks great. Where did you order the parts from? Did you just call QR directly? I was considering switching the front/rear brake cables to see if that made a cleaner front end but this looks like a better solution.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [Jörgen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought them through a local dealer, $40. But I had also called QR, and they will sell you the parts directly.

Jörgen wrote:
Looks great!

Where did you order the top cap and steerer tube expander, at a local QR dealer? (It's not on the European QR site.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a nice find and mod. well done.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
khanlon wrote:
To follow up on my original post, the internal front brake routing is done! I ordered a QR PRfour disc top cap/compression nut to drop the brake housing down the steerer tube. From there it comes right out the bottom of the fork. Front end is so much cleaner now!

khanlon wrote:
pwai wrote:

I had been searching for this! I can't believe Cervelo didn't do this on their own. I love someone's statement on here who called it a "travesty". It's true. I hate seeing a cable jut out, especially since road bikes are able to hide the cables. Even a 2014 Trek SC hides all the cables. That was 6 years ago!
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those that have the P-Series with Di2 components, how have you tidied up or managed to hide your junction box?
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Profile Design Aeroport + RS910 junction box
(and some wiring changes in the basebar)
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you make that two port rs910 junction box work? Do you need to use three y-cable splitters in the basebar?
cyclenutnz wrote:

Profile Design Aeroport + RS910 junction box
(and some wiring changes in the basebar)
Quote Reply

Prev Next