Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help with bike speed workouts
Quote | Reply
I do short course racing so I need bike speed. I have been reading up on TT stuff (which there is not too much) and it seems the one thing i am lacking is short efforts above tt power. I am currently doing 3x20's at race pace (threshold) with 5' easy inbetween. I am thinking about dropping the first set of 20' and replacing it with shorter stuff that is faster than race pace. I cant add it in on another day due to my work schedule.

Here is what I am doing now

mon-35 miles easy recovery-I am dead at this point so cant go hard here

wed- 50 mile 3x20' at threshold

sat- 75 mile the first 50 is with a group and goes pretty quick. Sometimes I get dropped out of the lead group. the rest is steady tempo pace

sun- 60 mile hills workout. this is not a fast ride but is steady with alot of hills. I try to stay seated on the hills for strength.

I cant change up the days due to work and school. is there a better way to use what I have or just keep training.
Quote Reply
Re: Help with bike speed workouts [nos306stang] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sounds like you have a nice schedule going for yourself. Faster than race pace, I think that is the key! Maybe you could change those 3x20min up. How about 1x20 at race pace, 2x10 race pace +, 4x5min at race pace ++.

Also, attack hills at all-out efforts (10-60sec).

I don't have a clue about your TT bike setup. But working on being aerodynamic is definitely a plus, especially in shorter races.

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Quote Reply
Re: Help with bike speed workouts [theswiss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Setup wise I am fine. I have been setup using system one by john cobb's old partners.

Today I amgonna try this

5' build shifting up every minute

5x3' at tt+ with 2' rest

5x1' max w/ 1' rest

2x20 at threshold or race pace.

limp home
Quote Reply