Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help painful verruca and Ironman in 10 days!
Quote | Reply
I have had it for a 6-7 weeks, under my left foot, I had lived with it and used an over the counter cream under GP advice. Unfortunately the last couple of weeks it has gotten more painful, and the stupid chiropodist I saw even attempted to shave the top and caused some bleeding. Problem is I have an Ironman on July 1st and I can imagine the run in particular may turn into a painful affair. Has anybody got any hacks/suggestions? I am told to get rid of it I can only go through cryotherapy/needling which would leave me unable to exercise for a few days, so out of the question. I am just looking for tricks to attempt to manage the pain as I am getting desperate - thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Help painful verruca and Ironman in 10 days! [ItaloBrit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would start with some medicated pads that you put on the wart. Follow the labeled directions. I think you will still be able to train while it kills the diseased tissue. As race day approaches I would try to thin the wart with an emery board. I would also try using a topical anesthetic, like Emla cream, under duct tape during some training to see how it works for race day. Hopefully a podiartist will chime in with even better advise.
Quote Reply
Re: Help painful verruca and Ironman in 10 days! [TriA6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you so much, I will try the remedies you recommend and let you know!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Removed Verruca's from kids feet by covering with duct tape for 7-10 days (tape needs replacing every couple of days).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr scholes over the counter wart freeze.

Works good for me in a couple days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This WORKS, and it's CHEAP, QUICK, and 99.5% PAINLESS:

1) soak foot in warm water (105-115F, a little warmer than a hot tub) for 15m. Verruca viruses don't like that temp.
2) after drying off, rub off some of the skin with a pumice stone.
3) grind up an ASPIRIN tablet, and apply the resulting powder with a bit of water directly to the wart. Aspirin is acetylsalicylic acid, which has only an acetyl group added the SA to differentiate it from active ingredient in Compound W.
4) apply duct tape (1" by 1") over the aspirin and wart. Duct tape is impermeable, so it will keep all the solution directly on the wart. To keep the tape from falling off, wrap it once around with regular First Aid tape. Keep a sock on, but your foot out of the shoe as much as possible.
5) repeat 3-5x daily.

Warts are caused by a virus, but the wart itself is just faster, less-controlled growth (benign tumor) of skin in that area. Because it is a part of the skin, it has circulation, and that's why it may have bleed when shaved. On the plantar surface, warts become "plantar warts," because of the surface they grow on. What makes those painful is that the pressure of walking pushes the growth into the sole of the foot. Discarded skin still has virus particles on it, but generally, people can't grow a hand wart from touching a plantar wart, because those viruses like to live in specific places with specific conditions.
Quote Reply
Re: Help painful verruca and Ironman in 10 days! [chrisb7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisb7 wrote:
Removed Verruca's from kids feet by covering with duct tape for 7-10 days (tape needs replacing every couple of days).

+1

well 3 of them actually
Quote Reply