Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me pick a treadmill
Quote | Reply
Moving to a new home at the end of March and I'm lucky enough to finally have a full room dedicated to training. Got the bike/swim/strength elements sorted. Final piece is picking a treadmill

Current top contenders are the Sole F80 ($1,600) and Technogym MyRun ($2,622). Bluetooth connectivity to Zwift is a must. Sole seems to have a bit more power and a slightly larger running surface. Really like the aesthetics of the MyRun. Top speed is a bit higher on the MyRun at 12.4mph vs 12mph

Open to other recommendations that I may be overlooking
Quote Reply
Re: Help me pick a treadmill [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Horizon 7.8 AT was my choice due to the heavy duty construction, 4 HP motor along with the Bluetooth for Zwift. I bought mine in November 2020 and so far so good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a refurbished PRECOR 965i back in October and really like it. Heavy duty and should be the last treadmill I buy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of threads/info here on this topic and the F80 in particular. I'm very happy with mine, it is solid and well-built. Has Bluetooth connectivity but definitely lacks some of the technology bells and whistles of other TM's in the price range.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My new treadmill (January 2020) is a Proform Smart 2000. It was just one level above entry level model. After about three weeks the motherboard fried, so it sat idle for almost 6-weeks. Very frustrating. I ended up filing a complaint with BBB which resulted in the CEO contacting me. There were two issues that caused the long delay in repair: First, COVID-19 just started so no repair person could come. Second, they kept sending the wrong parts. I was annoyed, so I wanted them to just send me a new unit, which they agreed to but then changed their mind. We really butt heads over this. I was a squeaky wheel on their social media and with management, so they agreed to give me extended warranty. It has since been fixed and running smooth for the past 6-months.

That's the part I don't like about the treadmill. Here's the great part:

What I do like is that it came with three years of iFit. This software auto adjusts the treadmill to match terrain. They have 100s of real life routes, including trails, you can run. I took it a step further, I programmed the real life routes in Zwift into iFit. So when I'm on Zwift running London (example), I can see the real life route on the screen and the incline auto adjusts. Fake worlds like Watopia don't work.

What's even more glorious is that I can program future race routes into iFit and run those routes, with actual incline auto adjustments, without having to drive to the route.

Quote | Reply
I bought a used Sole F85 a few years ago. It works and has a nice big deck and honestly probably longer than I really need. The issue is that it is pretty slow to change speeds, so running intervals can be problematic. For example, to go from dead stop to 7 mph takes about 30 seconds.
Quote Reply