Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me pick....Argon 18 E-112, Fuji D6, Look 596, Scott Plasma 2, Wilier Cento Crono
Quote | Reply
I know everything is about fit and test riding, but since I do not have many local shops around me, I would like to get everyone's feedback. I am 6'0", with a 31 in inseam, longer torso, and weigh around 200 lbs. Would love to hear everyone's pro's and con's and also if anyone has input on which would fit best before I actually get a real bike fitting or measurements.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me pick....Argon 18 E-112, Fuji D6, Look 596, Scott Plasma 2, Wilier Cento Crono [mile2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I vote Argon. I ride one and everyone wants to be like me.

-Adam

http://www.austintricyclist.com
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/austintricyclist
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/ATCTriShop

Quote Reply
Re: Help me pick....Argon 18 E-112, Fuji D6, Look 596, Scott Plasma 2, Wilier Cento Crono [mile2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the Wilier Cento Chrono or not mentioned the QR CD01.

Quote | Reply
I vote Argon because I want to be like Adam too... but if you want to go really fast buy a P4.

HM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get a BMC TT02. Or you can tri to find a TT03 if there are any frames left. The TT02 and TT03 are the same frame, just the TT02 is carbon instead of Aluminum.

Why Triathlons aren't Time Trials?!

------------------------------------------------------

I hate looking like I'm 12 and being in the 20 year old age group...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a pretty massive price range among the listed bikes. The Look 596 frameset alone costs more than a well-equipped E-112. How much do you actually intend to spend?

How did you narrow it down to the above bikes?

//Edward
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a proud and happy owner of a 596 and also used to ride an '08 Plasma Ltd (old frame).

The Plasma was an excellent machine but I found that with my longer torso the short top tube of the Plasma did not quite work. I will say that despite the fit Scott does have superior carbon technology. The Ltd. frame was probably one of the lighter TT frames on the market while still remaining stiff and compliant.

The 596 definitely has a long and low geometry which does sound like a good fit for your build. As far as ride quality, second to none in my opinion (emphasis on MY opinion). There is no power lost as your energy is transferred through the Zed crankset to the oversized integrated bottom bracket through the light and stiff frame and to the wheels. Unbelievable vertical stiffness and the Zed crankset has the highest strength to weight ratio. I really have nothing bad to say about the 596. Obviously for that kind of dough you really shouldn't. Check out Demerleys review here. http://bikesportmichigan.com/.../Look_596-2009.shtml
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Major price range there, with a couple bikes displaying significant stack and reach deltas... All VERY good brands though. I love the Look bike and would love to test one.

I can only say from experience that I currently ride the e-112 and love the shit out of it. I'm 5 ' 11 1/2 with a 31'' inseam and 185-200 lbs depending on the time of the season, so not far off from you. I love this bike, fits better than anything I rode (and was professionally fitted on, many times...) before. Stiff, solid, smooth and great looking too. I crushed every PR I had this year on my bike routes and in races despite having significantly less hours in training due to major foot surgery. If any of the bikes fit, you'll do just fine. I'm not voting for any brand for you, just saying I have zero buyer's remorse and would do it over again in a second with my Argon18.

ADW

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a happy owner of a Wilier Cento Crono:
- It definitely fits people with long torso, and has a low steering tube for low and aggressive position.
- Easy to meck - no-brain internal cable guides, standard mount for brakes etc, easy to adjust seat, no seat post slipping.
- Very stable in high speed. Climbs like a road bike, and I have no problems following roadies in technical decents.
- Stiff bottom bracket.
- Surprisingly compliant, absorbing rough roads.

And it feels very fast. (And I qualified for Kona in IM France due a fast bike leg.....)

Gets a lot of compliments and positive comments, it looks much better in reality than viewed on pictures.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me pick....Argon 18 E-112, Fuji D6, Look 596, Scott Plasma 2, Wilier Cento Crono [ajo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am thinking of buying a new bike. The new QR Cd01 Ultegra sounds like a great deal for 3k. I have not spoken to anyone yet (as I just saw it on-line tonight) about the spechs. Is it the same carbon as the '09? Is this a deal to good to be true, seeing how last years frame is still more expensive than this complete bike? or is it the paint scheme-you love it or you hate it.

TEAMFIREFIGHTER.com
STRIVE Omni Sport.com
Get Busy Living - or - Get Busy Dying
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you looked at BLUE?

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with everything Onetimepad said. I also ride E112, however, size Small. Fits like a glove, 5'9", 155lbs, 30in inseam, slightly longer torso.
The bike is top notch quality, excellent mechanical reliability, love the stiffness of the frame, geometry suits me well. Looks is secondary to me, but I no longer look at other bikes. Subjectively, there is no other bike or a set up that I would rather have.
Whatever you get, make sure that it fits, otherwise you will quickly regret your decision.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me pick....Argon 18 E-112, Fuji D6, Look 596, Scott Plasma 2, Wilier Cento Crono [ATC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I vote Argon. I ride one and everyone wants to be like me.

-Adam

I also bought an Argon18 E-112 because of Adam...

thanks Adam!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's highly unlikely that you'll fit well on the Plasma2 since you are long-torso'd.
-tim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look 596 no contest with the other ones. regardless of aerodynamics (i believe its the most aero option mentioned) it looks the best with either paint scheme.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me pick....Argon 18 E-112, Fuji D6, Look 596, Scott Plasma 2, Wilier Cento Crono [TimBikeToo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scott or trek

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I"ve had lots of bikes....Trek, Cannondale, Kestrel, Tiemeyer, Zipp and a few I've probably forgotten about, but now own a Look 596. Hands down the best bike for speed, comfort, handling I've ever owned. You can't go wrong with the 596. Look builds a great bike, with stiffness, yet comfortable, build quality is unsurpassed. Yes, it IS very fast!!

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Simple, Kestrel Airfoil Pro SL or Kestrel 4000 Pro SL.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
also if anyone has input on which would fit best before I actually get a real bike fitting or measurements

SlowTwitch, I love you.

Just... Golden.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me pick....Argon 18 E-112, Fuji D6, Look 596, Scott Plasma 2, Wilier Cento Crono [sharad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the kestrel 4000 available yet?
Quote Reply
Re: Help me pick....Argon 18 E-112, Fuji D6, Look 596, Scott Plasma 2, Wilier Cento Crono [cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are taking orders on it now. It begins shipping in Feb/March in framesets first and then complete bikes later. R & A and Nytro are getting the first orders so my suggestion is to order there or have your local shop place their order.

I'm in Taiwan now working on production so we should be good for on time delivery.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me pick....Argon 18 E-112, Fuji D6, Look 596, Scott Plasma 2, Wilier Cento Crono [sharad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hmmm bias? And I just got an airfoil! Thanks Steve!

NCCP certified Comp coach
Quote Reply
Re: Help me pick....Argon 18 E-112, Fuji D6, Look 596, Scott Plasma 2, Wilier Cento Crono [psychosyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No bias, just the guys who have placed the largest orders to date and placed them early so they will ship to them first.
Quote Reply