Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Help me decide on a new treadmill
Quote | Reply
Well, it turns out I killed my old consumer grade 2HP treadmill with all of this Triathlon and Marathon training...and now I really want to get a good higher quality treadmill.

After a bunch of research, I've narrowed down to 3 contenders.

1. Landice L7 (4HP)
2. Matrix T75 (3HP)
3. True Fitness PS800 (4HP)

Anyone have any experience comparing and/or owning one of these bad boys?

Do you think the 3HP motor of the Matrix puts it on the chopping back?

Any help deciding pros and cons would be so very appreciated!

Thank you all
Last edited by: sigmachi: Sep 22, 19 11:25
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide on a new treadmill [sigmachi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't go quite as high-end as you're looking, but I have a True PS100. I've now had it for over four years without a single issue - the thing just works. I just wanted a bare-bones treadmill that could get up to speed quickly for intervals and had a reputation for reliability with a decent engine. Lots of folks will probably recommend the L7, but I think the True would certainly do the job as well.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide on a new treadmill [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had my true ps800 over 2 years now and has been great for my wife and I which do a lot of running on it. I thought about the lower end true but the 10 year warranty and responsive touch screen on the ps800 sold me. The landice is very nice as well and don't think you cant go wrong with either one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
L8 here, it’s a tank, love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have used a Woodway 2014 Widepath the last two years. Kind of curious you didn't include Woodway. Thing is a tank. Simple and wonderful to run on. Curious as to why you didn't include Woodway? They are expensive but buying used can mitigate that.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide on a new treadmill [Uno_mas!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah the Woodway is in a whole different league. I’m not so keen in the used market sadly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Landice L7 and love it. I did a bunch of research beforehand and decided that it was worth the investment. Not a lot of electronic bells and whistles on the display of the model I have, but I don't really need that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Motor HP is irrelevant when you start looking at good treadmills, which you have listed three good units. You really want to be looking at warranty, quality of belt/deck, size of rollers, and then I like to look at the electronics. Gimmicky stuff adds cost but never makes it a better treadmill.

I think landice has the best warranty and the simplest and best product between the three.

Matrix would be my second and then the true. True has terrible customer service and their parts are expensive.

The key to making any treadmill last is to clean the unit regularly (open up and vacuum) and lubricate the belt (if required).

As noted in a previous post, for the better part of my life, I serviced and repaired fitness equipment.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide on a new treadmill [jenschaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I totally agree with you. Which console did you get?
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide on a new treadmill [J.Thompson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a bunch J! I really appreciate your insight!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy to help. Also happy to field questions regarding fitness equipment for the forum. After getting back in to law, I sort of miss wrenching on equipment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sigmachi wrote:
I totally agree with you. Which console did you get?

Ours is a few years old, but it looks most comparable to the sport model.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide on a new treadmill [J.Thompson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you think it’s worth waiting for Black Friday for the Landice or Matrix models? Or do treadmills are that level not really have deals?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t know what part of the country you are in. But Check out fitnessedgeonline.com. Trains, the owner is a good friend, and sells both landice and matrix. I don’t know what prices you are seeing, but I’m sure he can match it. You could even give him a call and haggle with him a little. However, some of the brands regulate their pricing, so if one place has it on sale, all places normally do and for the same price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just an FYI, I have been looking at treadmill deals / black friday / etc. It seems that treadmills are around 200-300 cheaper on black friday. Not sure how you equate that into purchasing.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide on a new treadmill [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Tri, any money saved will be used to buy other gear haha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I may ask, how much do you weigh? If you are >190, I'd go with the horsepower.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide on a new treadmill [Lindenin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey I’m 140lbs (63.5kg) and 5’7.

Would I notice any performance difference between the Landice 4HP vs Matrix 3HP?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think so. I think those motors are just fine at that weight. The difference comes when you are carrying a heavier load (like me).
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide on a new treadmill [Lindenin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don’t get hung up on the number. There is nobody regulating what sticker a company slaps on their motor. Quality of the motor is most important. Bearings, winding, brushes, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What did you end up getting and are you happy with your decision? I’m also looking at Landice and Matrix models and there seem to be pros and cons to each. The Landice warranty is outstanding, but the belt is smaller and I’m wondering if that’s going to be an issue for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide on a new treadmill [AnnRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ended getting the Landice L7. The size is perfect for me. I absolutely love my decision. Thank you all!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That’s great to hear! Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am looking into buying a similar treadmill. Did you find any good discount on the treadmill or just purchase from landice. Thanks1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just recently picked up a used Precor for a song, about 5 years old. I paid a lot more to have guys move it for me than the treadmill itself. I love it so far, comparing to the Landice I tried in the store, it's a bit softer. I believe the Precor is a just a tad shorter than the Landice L7/L8.

If you can find a good used one, it's the way to go.
Quote Reply

Prev Next