Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me choose a marathon shoe
Quote | Reply
Planning to do a marathon in 10 days. I train in Asics 2130's. Wanted to get something lighter for the marathon, as I am hoping to get a Boston Qualifying time, but I'll really need to run a fast race for me to make it. Ordered the Asics DS Trainer and I realized when it showed up on my door that one of the ways they made it lighter was by making the sizing smaller. Sent those back and got a bigger size, and they arrived yesterday. Weight of one shoe on my scale is only 1.25 ounces lighter than my 2130 - my size 11 2310 weighs 13 oz, and the DS Trainer in 11.5 is 11.75 oz.

So I need to decide if I will stick with my training shoes for the race, or try the DS Trainers. I am planning a 10 mile run tomorrow so I was originally planning to try the DS Trainer for that run. But now I'm thinking that it is risky to switch to an unknown (for me) shoe this close to a race for only 1.25 oz per shoe weight savings. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me choose a marathon shoe [2wheels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just picked up a pair of Addidas Super Nova's that are comfortable and light. These would work for you if you could break them in before the race, provided your main goal is light weight cushion. Other wise find a light fast trainer for the marathon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would stick with what you've been training in. IMHO, 10 days is not enough time to get used to a new shoe before a longer race. I wouldn't risk running in the trainers for your 10 miler, as a bad blister now could ruin your race.

Good luck on BQing.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me choose a marathon shoe [wavedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I would stick with what you've been training in. IMHO, 10 days is not enough time to get used to a new shoe before a longer race. I wouldn't risk running in the trainers for your 10 miler, as a bad blister now could ruin your race.

Good luck on BQing.
X2

"it's also a personal choice to remain ignorant" - Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of my favorite quotes is from an elite female marathoner.

"Just think how fast I could have run if I wore socks."

She got a blister during the race. Stick with what you know. Next time test out your racing shoes several months before the race.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply