Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help - VISION Metron TFA upgrade for my P3 ?
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,

Try to hunt the last few watts on my P3 for short TT at around 28mph. I just have orderedTririg Styx skewers.The last things i think i could upgrade is my cokpit.

Cockpit is pretty clean now, but this is an aeria ultimate stem with zipp vuka carbon base bar. I know that tririg have done test in wind tunnel on his aerobar white paper, and there was a good amount of drag difference between vuka aluminia and the best performers, but it was without cyclist on bike (is it still the same with cyclist on bike ?). The vuka carbon has a better profile than the aluminia, but is still round at the center, so would like to know how much drag i could save with a narrow integrated TT cockpit like. This is why i ask you, maybe someone was lucky enough to test that in real world conditions and could answer.

Thank's, i put 2 pictures of my bike to see the cockpit.

Quote Reply
Re: Help - VISION Metron TFA upgrade for my P3 ? [Veyron40] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you route the rear brake cable through the headset? If so, how difficult was it? You could add a tririg omega to clean up the front brake a little bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Veyron40 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I know that tririg have done test in wind tunnel on his aerobar white paper,.......... it was without cyclist on bike (is it still the same with cyclist on bike ?).

From my many hundreds of hours in the wind tunnel having a rider on can change the results. Doesn't mean it will, yet it could, for better or for worse.

FWIW and in full disclosure, I've tested the Profile Aeria ultimate vs the TriRig Alpha one and they were so close to each other it doesn't matter which of those 2 you choose. I ultimately went with the Tririg bc it was easier to adjust

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Aug 12, 21 13:23
Quote Reply
Re: Help - VISION Metron TFA upgrade for my P3 ? [dsheldo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, i have route the cable through the stem, so everything is clean, but the round shape in the middle of the zipp vuka carbon let me think that i could save few watts with a Metron TFA, but how much...1, 2, 5 watts ... don't know
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't spent as much time in the tunnel as DD, but testing I've done had full integrated bars much faster with no rider and slower with a rider. Lots of interaction effects to confound things.
Quote Reply
Re: Help - VISION Metron TFA upgrade for my P3 ? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank's for all the reply. I don't have tunnel here, so i think i won't worry about my cockpit now because except the fact that he's not full integrated, he's very clean and fully adjustable. So when i read you, i think i should only focus about my training đŸ˜‰.
Quote Reply