Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Help.. cant pump air in tubular through valve extender [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
unscrew the extender, use hemostats to fiddle around inside the rim and loosen the presta valve..
on the next tire make sure to get one with a valve having a removable core, and remove it into the extender itself..
Quote Reply
Re: Help.. cant pump air in tubular through valve extender [doug in co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello everyone, I know I'm late on this post but I had the same problem with my zipp303 tubular with Continental completion and Continental valve extender, it got clogged with Stan's no tubes. I couldn't inflate the tire with a floor pump. I even believe I blew the pump gasket on the pump by forcing it. However after reading this blog. I had some brainstorming trying to think what to use. I didn't have any thin, long Allen key. So I decided to use one of those HEAVY DUTY PAPERCLIPS. I was able to unclogged the valve and put air in the tire..now I will keep a couple of those in my toolbox....take care everyone.
Quote Reply
Re: Help.. cant pump air in tubular through valve extender [Franky003] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Franky003 wrote:
Hello everyone, I know I'm late on this post but I had the same problem with my zipp303 tubular with Continental completion and Continental valve extender, it got clogged with Stan's no tubes. I couldn't inflate the tire with a floor pump. I even believe I blew the pump gasket on the pump by forcing it. However after reading this blog. I had some brainstorming trying to think what to use. I didn't have any thin, long Allen key. So I decided to use one of those HEAVY DUTY PAPERCLIPS. I was able to unclogged the valve and put air in the tire..now I will keep a couple of those in my toolbox....take care everyone.
+1

that's exactly what i do, long paper clips/ safety pins will do the trick, and i keep 2 in my wheel bag
Quote Reply
Re: Help.. cant pump air in tubular through valve extender [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:
I think my presta valve is shut... I cant pump air through the valve extender, and since its tubular I cant undo the tire to see whats going on.. It's hooked to a zipp 404 so I the deep rim is preventing me from fixing the issue too..

Any ideas or do I have to rip open the tubular tire?

As others have said, removable valve cores are a big help. Sometimes tubies that you expect to have removable cores don't. I use a drop of glue to keep them open.
Quote Reply

Prev Next