Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hed Bars + Aero Bottle?
Quote | Reply
I have the Hed carbon bar. Love it. One question... how do you mount an aero bottle? My old PD bottle, that I ran on my Soloist w/ Syntace bars, with the rubber bands wobbles all over the place and sags in between the bars. There must be something better.

You know, fueling is a real problem on the P2K. The lack of a down tube bottle cage means you HAVE to use an aero bottle up front. Trying to get that bottle out of the seat tube holder tricky business when you are cruising along at 20+ mph in the aero position. Dare I say it can't -- or at least shouldn't -- be done? I'm going to have to get creative for HIM distance.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Hed Bars + Aero Bottle? [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use this mount and you will be ok on the HEDs

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply
Re: Hed Bars + Aero Bottle? [jasonogk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Profile system works well - I have the new Easton carbon bars and it works great with them.

Re the behind the seat holders - with practice - it becomes second nature - even at 20+mph on the bars - you can still reach around and find and replace your bottles easily - once you get the feel for it
Quote Reply
Re: Hed Bars + Aero Bottle? [jasonogk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beautiful... exactly what I need. Thanks.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Hed Bars + Aero Bottle? [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
depending on how wide your bars are set the Profile mount may or may not work. Mine are set rather wide compared to many, well they are shoulder width at the pads and almost touching in the front, but the profile mount does not fit well. I used it for a while and with the help of some tape and tie wraps it was doable. I eventually built a custom carbon fiber mount. I finally took pics of it so I'll post it up here soon.
Quote Reply