Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hed Alps Power Tap
Quote | Reply
I've been looking at all the various power systems out there; Ergomo, SRM, and Power Tap and am looking at going with the Power Tap SL on a set of Hed Alps. This will allow for easy switching between road and tri bike, my question is are the Hed Alps durable enough for training and racing? I weigh 165. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Hed Alps Power Tap [R1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I weigh 165. I use Alps for nearly everything. My front wheel stays on my tri-bike pretty much year round. I haven't gotten a rear PT/Alps built yet, so my rear gets swapped for a PT/cxp-33 for most training and some racing...but I'll have the PT/Alps sometime this spring. At that point the Alps will stay on the bike.

That said, if I were in an area where I did LOTS of technical descending and or other riding where I laid on the brakes a lot...I'd swap out the Alps...its a lot cheaper to replace an Open Pro or CXP-33 rim than an Alps when you wear it out. Even though I live in a place with lots of rollers, I don't do a lot of braking here...and when I'm in coastal flatlands...even less...so the only real danger for me is crash damage...and I don't hardly ever crash on my tri-bike...if I do it isn't a wheelbuster type of crash.
Quote Reply
Re: Hed Alps Power Tap [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you happy with the Power Tap SL and how has it helped in your training? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Hed Alps Power Tap [R1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Pro version currently. The Alps wheel will be built with the SL hub. I am happy with the Pro wheel. I've been on it for nearly 3 years now. It has helped my training in these areas:

Specificity
Consistency
Time management
Mind-body connection
Motivation
Quote Reply