Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Headunits not matching
Quote | Reply
I tried riding a course on my smart trainer via my Garmin edge 830, with an SRM paired via ANT+. I also paired my PC8 power control as well, but the readings between the two were different. I could understand different powermeters, same head, but same power meter, different heads? Both were calibrated with matching values, and I thought ANT+ streams were unique compared to BLE in that ANT+ is a many to one.

Furthermore, I am trying to use an NPE CABLE to bridge the ANT+ signal from the same SRM to my iMac to allow the power data to feed into Zwift or the Tacx app (on iOS). Both pair fine to the crank, but again, they don’t match either the garmin OR the PC8.

What gives? How can I get everyone to show the same number?

As a side note, I paired an ant+ stick in Windows on the old TTS4 Tacx software and it was spot on to the PC8.
Last edited by: 58teeth: Feb 26, 21 19:28
Quote Reply
Re: Headunits not matching [58teeth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you have both head units set to give the same period of time? If one was set to 3 second power and the other was set to instant power the would give different readings?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What type of recording is the Garmin doing vs the SRM? Smoothing on each? Smart recording turned on/off?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Headunits not matching [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the replies!

Both are set to 1 second recording. Smart recording is off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you saying that the displays are different, or that that data recorded when you download it is different? How different?

1s interval is going to be very variable in anycase, and 3s is as low as I go for the road bike, 10s more useful (for me) on the TT bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Headunits not matching [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The headunits are displaying different numbers from the same power meter. If I have an ant+ stick on a windows machine, I can get the power meter to match no problem. It's the same data stream, so I'm just confused as to why it doesn't match.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How different. And if you compare the recorded data on each one, how different. You are asking for help/information and to do that then I (and others) are going to be much more able to do that with a bit more info.

For example, one of the head units may have a lag on the display by a second. So the screens would differ, but when you compare the data after then they would match.
Last edited by: Duncan74: Feb 27, 21 13:49
Quote Reply