Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hawaii age-group world's swim ?
Quote | Reply
Do any of you Hawaii types know what style swim start they will use. I mean is it a run in from the beach, stand or tread in water then go or dive in? Any info on the finish-run out onto beach? if so how long will we run in the water?

Thanks much,
Pat
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii age-group world's swim ? [Trillini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey Pat, not sure officially but the typical start at this beach including the past Honolulu Triathlon run by the same company putting on worlds is an ankle deep start. The front line is standing in the water just barely with other stacked up behind them. It get's too deep to run really quick, like in 10-15 feet or so, usually it's maybe 2 steps then dive right in. On the exit, same thing, you can dolphin once or twice if you want but it's not really worth it. Again you'll pop up maybe 10 ft from shore and run up a slight, very slight sand incline. Guessing there will be at least a quarter mile run to T1 from the layout of the area there. Might be longer but no more than half a mile tops. Hope that helps.

Tai
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii age-group world's swim ? [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how's the water temperature? Any chance of a wetsuit swim?

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii age-group world's swim ? [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haven't been the water in the last week or so but the weather is really hot right now, god our pool was a sauna yesterday! If it was USAT rules and a 78 degree wetsuit cutoff I'd say 75% chance of wetsuits but I'm assuming that it's ITU rules (although hey, we Team USA already pretty much took over worlds anyways...;) and ITU cutoff is 72 degrees if I'm not mistaken. No way is it going to be that cold. All the little kids playing in the water, tourists and surfers in surf shorts must have had a pretty good laugh at the recent Honolulu Tri when a whole bunch of people wore wetsuits. Although, I guess I wouldn't mind too much as it'll help me more than the real fish.

But to answer your question directly:

USAT rules - wetsuit probably is a yes assuming they measure the water in the morning not late afternoon (it sure feels warmer later at least)

ITU rules - no way
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii age-group world's swim ? [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Tai, I knew you'd come through for me with this info.

It's a ITU swim with 72 degree wetsuit cutoff. I asked on the USAT forum.

Pat
Quote Reply