Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Have you written off 2020 or are you still holding on?
Quote | Reply
Elaborate
Quote Reply
Re: Have you written off 2020 or are you still holding on? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may have 1 or 2 triathlons in 2020. First one will be in a couple weeks. That one looks highly likely. The second one is end of September, also looks likely. After that, it will be the worlds largest virtual 10K. Oh yeah, and maybe a cycling Gran Fondo in October. I am giving that one 50-50 odds.
Quote Reply
Re: Have you written off 2020 or are you still holding on? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It all depends on where you live and if Ironman is the only triathlon brand that a person recognizes .There are triathlons happening all over the world right now and even a few Iron distance ones. Seems though most here only want to talk about M-Dot events..

A quality pro field raced Challenge Davos this past weekend only to have the race stopped during the bike leg but not a word about it here on ST

https://www.facebook.com/...os/1948193165316621/

https://triathlonmagazine.ca/...celled-due-to-storm/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holding out the hope for 2 duathlons that are still not canceled.
Quote Reply
Re: Have you written off 2020 or are you still holding on? [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was posted everywhere that the event was cancelled / stopped and thus there was not much need to write about it. Tim Carlson planned to write about the race but then there was really no race, other than the race back to the hotel to get warm.
Last edited by: Herbert: Aug 31, 20 8:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, did so probably 3 months ago for races. Continuing to train bike and run for general fitness and the possibility of something after May (?) in 2021.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well it wasn't cancelled, the race started, and then stopped.

_______

IMAZ is still happening, as of right now. But my training has been shit. What I think will happen? I might get a few local races in and IMAZ gets cancelled? I have no idea, but people are starting to race local all over the country. Which is good.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am training for a gravel race at the end of September. Race promoter says it's a go unless the PA DCNR pulls the permits. I was planning on doing MTB and paddleboard races this year, but have had a bad case of tennis elbow that derailed that. The events I was going to do were all held, so that's been a bummer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
holding out and training for Galveston, Nov 22.

Not hopeful.

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Re: Have you written off 2020 or are you still holding on? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Worked out well for Joe Skipper.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Racing a Sprint the weekend and another in 3 weeks. Pretty positive Challenge Daytona will happen since the Governor just tweeted his excitement about it. It's in December.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm racing on Saturday, Herbert - you can write it off after that!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Have you written off 2020 or are you still holding on? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My last real race was in March. And I hope to do a 50 mile trail race either in November (Arkansas) or December (Alabama)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Half Ironman at the 3 Disciplines USA MidWest Multisport Fest in Muncie, IN on Sept 26th. Not worried and looking forward to the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No triathlon, moved over to MTB XC .
I did a race last month and will race this Saturday then again oct 17 &nov 14.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For most of the summer, I had been hoping that conditions would allow one of my favorite reverse sprints held in December to go off, but I last week I saw that it had been cancelled. So I'll just continue to train and hope 2021 is better...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Writing it off. Not worth the risk for me.

Banking on returning in spring/summer of 2021. Will definitely have my A races scheduled for back half or year. Mostly to have a few races to dust off and no swimming for many months will take time to get back what little fitness I had to begin with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When Augusta wasn't going to happen, I lost some focus and getting the workouts in every day was less important, but I went ahead and signed up for a local Olympic next weekend. I will not be a svelt, tapered machine, but I'll get to ride my new bike outside and push through a hard 10k (as long as I can remember how to swim).

After that, I am looking to get myself back into better habits, eat better, focus on quality of workouts and try and add in some run volume to see where that takes me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did one Off-Road race (Motus in Versailles Indiana). I was thinking of doing one more Motus race but now with my Velodrome starting to open I think I'm going to try track racing.

I'll see how that goes, hopefully I won't get lapped too many times :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I finally wrote it off in early August, was moping around for a couple of weeks, but now it actually feels liberating. I still have one running event in the Fall that's hanging in the balance, but I'll defer it so to not have to think about it further. Already planning and looking forward to 2021.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Feb 2020 - Did a R/B/S tri with an indoor pool swim. But you could see the storm clouds on the horizon.

Mar 2020 - Poop hits the fan. Figured the next few months would be iffy.

May 2020 - Email from Lubbock 70.3 and it sounded like we'd be racing. Kicked my training back into gear.

Jun 2020 - Lubbock cancelled.

Jul 2020 - Training for fun. Figure it's a long term base building opportunity for 2021. Not sure if/when we'll start racing in 2021, but I've enjoyed the easy training I've been getting in.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Little bit of both

The road race i was going to run, got moved from May to September, then flipped to virtual - we'll still get shirts & medals and even a bLuff, as well as 20% discount for next year's entry

I was sticking to my training plan with the new date ["submit your STRAVA and you get a finisher's certificate & official time"] but last week I just said "fuck it"

I'll do my own Haunted/Hallowed Half Marathon on my birthday [Saturday 10/31] - per Screaming Tortise protocol, there has to be some stipulation, so the route must include at lease one cemetery, and go past at least one house that is reportedly haunted; photos of excellently decorated homes will be encouraged

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still have a marathon trail relay at the end of September and Ironman Arizona in November that has not been cancelled yet. The relay is in the middle of nowhere and they have all these precautions in place and has been approved by the county so it will happen. I've been maintaining a strong base in S/B/R so it Arizona ends up happening it won't take me long to build up to the point where I can race it and do okay (Arizona will be my 7th IM). I really don't think it will happen but I'm holding out for them to defer so I don't lose my one deferral.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve done 3 local sprints in Tennessee and Alabama and have a local Olympic in October. I’ve really enjoyed the local scene and will monitor Daytona and Florida 70.3 in December.

I have a cluster of races next year because of deferrals but I honestly really enjoy the low pressure of the small events. Drink a beer the night before and get up and hammer for an hour.

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Have you written off 2020 or are you still holding on? [Once-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes to smaller local events.

I volunteered Saturday at a local running race called Ultimate Runner where each athletes runs 100m, 400m, 800m, a mile and a 5k. And the ones with the lowest point total win. Basically 1 point for first place, 2 points for second place etc
Quote Reply

Prev Next