Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Has your "switch" flick on.
Quote | Reply
I think, my internal switch has flicked. I was having a real hard time motivating myself to get out of bed in the mornings, getting to the gym in the afternoons or evening spinning or a short run at night. I just didn't have the motivation. This week, it's completely different. Alarm goes off in the morning, I jump out of bed looking forward to the scheduled workout.... Got to bed early last night, been watching what I'm eating.... Maybe its this "warm" spell in the North East. Tomorrow the snows return, we'll see if my motivation is still with me.
Quote Reply
Re: Has your "switch" flick on. [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yup, (except the jump out of bed part:) The Prep period did me good mentally and physically and the days are getting longer too. Nutrition is on track weight coming down. We have had some great weather here and I am ready for spring. I know we still have some weather to deal with through April but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel
Quote Reply
Re: Has your "switch" flick on. [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week I skipped my Tues/Thurs evening kickboxing classes for no reason. First time in 5 years I have done that. People thought I was dead. I have just had a complete lack of motivation for the last month and was really worrying about how I was going to get it back.

This week, just like you said, I'm ready to go. I do think it was the warm weather. I finally had an enjoyable outdoor run and started to get back into the groove. The snow returned today in MI. I ran outside, but there just wasn't the same enjoyment. I can't wait for spring!!
Quote Reply
Re: Has your "switch" flick on. [TriKitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The long winter's rest has treated me well. I've been surfing the race schedules and realize that it's t-minus one month until my first road bike race. 1/2 IM is only 3 months away and it's time to pick up the work schedule. Had a good winter with some additional weight loss, but I want to up the intensity.

Amazing how refreshing a few warm days can be....

B.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.teamorganicnyc.com
Sponsored by: TBA
Quote Reply